Topics

Emoticons add-on: fix error in Insert Emoticons dialog

Noelia Ruiz

Hello:

A user of spanish community has reported errors in Insert Emoticons
dialog, of Emoticons 12.0.
I have fixed them using list comprehension syntax instead of filter.
Filter function changed from Python 2 to 3 and I read that list
comprehension is recommended, though filter can be used too.
I created a pull request ready for review:
https://github.com/nvdaaddons/emoticons/pull/2

I may post 13.0-dev on the add-ons website for testing during the next weekend.
It would be great if someone could review small changes, in case
something needs to be addressed.

PS: I had a problem with GitHub website, but seems to be caused by my
Internet provider, now fixed.
Thanks

Robert Malunda

thanks a lot Noelia Ruiz. where can I download the addon?

On 3/19/20, Noelia Ruiz <nrm1977@...> wrote:
Hello:

A user of spanish community has reported errors in Insert Emoticons
dialog, of Emoticons 12.0.
I have fixed them using list comprehension syntax instead of filter.
Filter function changed from Python 2 to 3 and I read that list
comprehension is recommended, though filter can be used too.
I created a pull request ready for review:
https://github.com/nvdaaddons/emoticons/pull/2

I may post 13.0-dev on the add-ons website for testing during the next
weekend.
It would be great if someone could review small changes, in case
something needs to be addressed.

PS: I had a problem with GitHub website, but seems to be caused by my
Internet provider, now fixed.
Thanks

Noelia Ruiz

Thank you. The add-on cannot be downloade yet. I have created a pull request, that is, the necessary changes to fix the problem that could be reviewed by people with knowledge about add-ons development and programming, in case they want to comment something before building an installable add-on.
Since for now theproposed workflows about posting and reviewing addons is not in place, I will post the addon on the website during the weekend, though if someone reviews the source code before it will be better.
I will let you know when the addon can be downloaded.
Kind regards

Enviado desde mi iPhone

El 19 mar 2020, a las 10:45, Robert Malunda <robert2015@...> escribió:

[...]

Hello. Please, download the development version 13.0-dev of emoticons
add-on. It fixes a bug in Insert emoticons dialog.
After fixing it and give some days for possible reviews, I have posted
it an can be found at
https://addons.nvda-project.org/addons/emoticons.en.html
Direct link of the development version for testing:
https://addons.nvda-project.org/files/get.php?file=emo-dev

enjoy and report any bug.