Topics

Emoticons 13.1-dev

Noelia Ruiz

Hi, this version for testing has the ability to select and copy one of
the symbols available in the punctuation / symbols dialog of NVDA,
including emojis and symbols added by the user, in addition to the
classic Insert emoticons dialog (which includes emoticons compossed by
punctuation symbols like :), :( and others, not available in the
symbols dialog).
This feature has been discussed in our spanish mailing list at
groups.io, by people like Rèmy Ruiz (for a friend which doesn't have
Windows 10) and Sergio Gómez, approved by the primary author of the
add-on, Chris LM.

Now a submenu for Emoticons has been added to NVDA's menu, Tools
submenu, where we can find the Insert emoticons and the Insert symbol
options. This last one doesn't have a gesture assigned, but it can be
done from the input gestures dialog of NVDA.

You can see more details, included the link to the topic in Spanish,
and provide feedback at

https://github.com/nvdaes/emoticons/pull/18

Of course you can comment on this list too, though for me maybe easy
to manage comments on GitHub.

Please download the add-on for testing at

https://github.com/nvdaes/emoticons/releases/download/13.1-dev/emoticons-13.1-dev.nvda-addon

Thanks

Hi,
I think the answer is yes, but would you like Add-on Updater users using your add-on to receive this version if they set update channel to dev?
Cheers,
Jsoeph

[...]

Vova Mobile

Hi,
I want to translate this addon.
How to do this? Commits on github or commits to NVDA's translations system?

Noelia Ruiz

If you want, make a commit to Github since the translations system is still broken for add-ons, according to the notifications that I receive from the server.
For now I am not including translations in add-ons, waiting for NV Access, but if they delay their work on this, I will merge pull request from translator. Let"s wait until January 2021 and, if we don"t have news, I won"t continue waiting, since this is the third request that I receive wanting to translate one of my maintained add-ons.
Thanks for your interest

Enviado desde mi iPhone

El 1 nov 2020, a las 17:03, Vova Mobile <vp88.mobile@gmail.com> escribió:

Hi,
I want to translate this addon.
How to do this? Commits on github or commits to NVDA's translations system?

Noelia Ruiz

Yes, but as you know I decided to stop updating the website since we cannot review new versions properly, so for now it is not possible.
Thanks anyway.

Enviado desde mi iPhone

El 1 nov 2020, a las 16:42, Joseph Lee <joseph.lee22590@gmail.com> escribió:

[...]

In this case, the dev link will be updated this afternoon.

[...]

Hi, version 13.2-dev is released. Chris LM, the main author, after
discussing changes in our spanish mailing list for NVDA, has made a PR
reviewed and approved by me, setting focus in the search edit box. He
had this idea, approved by me, since with thousands of symbols may be
more convenient to search typing the text, similar to Insert emoticons
dialog and also used with windows+. in Emoji panel:

https://github.com/nvdaes/emoticons/releases/download/13.2-dev/emoticons-13.2-dev.nvda-addon