Topics

Dynamically changing of speech settings dialog

Nikita

Hello everybody!

I am developing a driver for a speech synthesizer.

I have the following task:

There are two combo boxes . Depending on the value in the first combo box, I want to display the options in the second combo box.

Alternative implementation:

Depending on the value in the first combo box, I want to enable and disable additional combo boxes.

The user needs to first select the type of voice, and then variant of voice. Each type has a different set of variants. The overall single combo box is too large. It is not comfortable.

I ran into the problem of the impossibility of dynamically changing the GUI from the speech driver.

Please tell me, is it possible to dynamically rebuild the interface of speech settings dialog (NVDA+CTRL+V)?

If yes, then tell me what I need to study in more detail to make my implementation.

Sincerely, Nikita.

Rui Fontes

You can see on our driver:

https://www.tiflotecnia.net/Instal/vocalizer_expressive_driver-3.1.1.nvda-addon

Rui Fontes

Tiflotecnia, Lda.

Às 17:36 de 09/03/2020, Nikita escreveu:

Hello everybody!

There are two combo boxes . Depending on the value in the first combo box, I want to display the options in the second combo box.

Depending on the value in the first combo box, I want to enable and disable additional combo boxes.

The user needs to first select the type of voice, and then variant of voice. Each type has a different set of variants. The overall single combo box is too large. It is not comfortable.

I ran into the problem of the impossibility of dynamically changing the GUI from the speech driver.

Please tell me, is it possible to dynamically rebuild the interface of speech settings dialog (NVDA+CTRL+V)?

If yes, then tell me what I need to study in more detail to make my implementation.

Sincerely, Nikita.

Nikita

Hi Rui,

Thanks for the feedback. Unfortunately, I did not find the answer to my question in your driver.

I’m interested in the possibility of dynamically changing the contents of combo boxes in the speech settings dialog.

If this is implemented in your driver, please indicate a specific section of the code that I need to pay attention to.

I did not find in your driver dynamic change in the elements of the Insert+CTRL+V dialogue.

From: nvda-addons@nvda-addons.groups.io <nvda-addons@nvda-addons.groups.io> On Behalf Of Rui Fontes
Sent: Monday, March 09, 2020 10:02 PM
To: nvda-addons@nvda-addons.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda-addons] Dynamically changing of speech settings dialog

You can see on our driver:

https://www.tiflotecnia.net/Instal/vocalizer_expressive_driver-3.1.1.nvda-addon

Rui Fontes

Tiflotecnia, Lda.

Às 17:36 de 09/03/2020, Nikita escreveu:

Hello everybody!

Sincerely, Nikita.

Alberto Buffolino

Nikita, il 23/03/2020 17.12, ha scritto:
I’m interested in the possibility of dynamically changing the contents of combo boxes in the speech settings dialog.
Alberto:
Hi Nikita,
I don't know if it can help, but in my ColumnsReview add-on:
https://github.com/ABuffEr/columnsReview
in settings class I have a couple of wx elements that hides/shows itself according to a checkbox value.
Alberto

James Scholes

Doing it based on a combo box would basically work the same. Subscribe to whichever WX event is fired for changes of value in the dropdown, and then hide and/or show whatever widgets you need to based on it.

Regards,

James Scholes

On 23/03/2020 at 10:17 am, Alberto Buffolino wrote:
Alberto:
Hi Nikita,
in settings class I have a couple of wx elements that hides/shows itself according to a checkbox value.
Alberto

Nikita

I have no problem creating a simple dynamic menu.
I have a problem creating such a menu for the speechDrivers that is, for the speech settings dialog.
I want this to work in the Synth settings ring.

-----Original Message-----
From: nvda-addons@nvda-addons.groups.io <nvda-addons@nvda-addons.groups.io> On Behalf Of James Scholes
Sent: Monday, March 23, 2020 9:13 PM
To: nvda-addons@nvda-addons.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda-addons] Dynamically changing of speech settings dialog

Doing it based on a combo box would basically work the same. Subscribe
to whichever WX event is fired for changes of value in the dropdown, and
then hide and/or show whatever widgets you need to based on it.

Regards,

James Scholes

On 23/03/2020 at 10:17 am, Alberto Buffolino wrote:
I’m interested in the possibility of dynamically changing the contents
of combo boxes in the speech settings dialog.
Alberto:
Hi Nikita,
in settings class I have a couple of wx elements that hides/shows itself
according to a checkbox value.
Alberto