Topics

Dynamically changing of speech settings dialog

Nikita

Hello everybody!

I am developing a driver for a speech synthesizer.

I have the following task:

There are two combo boxes . Depending on the value in the first combo box, I want to display the options in the second combo box.

Alternative implementation:

Depending on the value in the first combo box, I want to enable and disable additional combo boxes.

The user needs to first select the type of voice, and then variant of voice. Each type has a different set of variants. The overall single combo box is too large. It is not comfortable.

I ran into the problem of the impossibility of dynamically changing the GUI from the speech driver.

Please tell me, is it possible to dynamically rebuild the interface of speech settings dialog (NVDA+CTRL+V)?

If yes, then tell me what I need to study in more detail to make my implementation.

Sincerely, Nikita.

Rui Fontes

You can see on our driver:

https://www.tiflotecnia.net/Instal/vocalizer_expressive_driver-3.1.1.nvda-addon

Rui Fontes

Tiflotecnia, Lda.

Às 17:36 de 09/03/2020, Nikita escreveu:

[...]

Hi Rui,

Thanks for the feedback. Unfortunately, I did not find the answer to my question in your driver.

I’m interested in the possibility of dynamically changing the contents of combo boxes in the speech settings dialog.

If this is implemented in your driver, please indicate a specific section of the code that I need to pay attention to.

I did not find in your driver dynamic change in the elements of the Insert+CTRL+V dialogue.

[...]

Alberto Buffolino

Nikita, il 23/03/2020 17.12, ha scritto:
I’m interested in the possibility of dynamically changing the contents of combo boxes in the speech settings dialog.
Alberto:
Hi Nikita,
I don't know if it can help, but in my ColumnsReview add-on:
https://github.com/ABuffEr/columnsReview
in settings class I have a couple of wx elements that hides/shows itself according to a checkbox value.
Alberto

James Scholes

Doing it based on a combo box would basically work the same. Subscribe to whichever WX event is fired for changes of value in the dropdown, and then hide and/or show whatever widgets you need to based on it.

On 23/03/2020 at 10:17 am, Alberto Buffolino wrote:
Nikita, il 23/03/2020 17.12, ha scritto:
I’m interested in the possibility of dynamically changing the contents of combo boxes in the speech settings dialog.
Alberto:
Hi Nikita,
I don't know if it can help, but in my ColumnsReview add-on:
https://github.com/ABuffEr/columnsReview
in settings class I have a couple of wx elements that hides/shows itself according to a checkbox value.
Alberto

Nikita

I have no problem creating a simple dynamic menu.
I have a problem creating such a menu for the speechDrivers that is, for the speech settings dialog.
I want this to work in the Synth settings ring.