Development version of Search With, with added feature to use clipboard text as default query.

Ibrahim Hamadeh

Hello,
This is the development version 1.7 of SearchWith addon:
https://github.com/ibrahim-s/searchWith/releases/download/v1.7-dev/searchWith-1.7-dev.nvda-addon
and if no problems reported, I will make it stable after several days.
Changelog:
Make combo box instead of check box, to give more options for default query in search dialog
So now we have 3 options for default query:
• Leave blank
• Use clipboard text
• Use last spoken text
and either of the last two optioned is chosen, the text query will be displayed selected, so that we can easily override it.
really the feature to use clipboard text as default query, I find it useful and began to use it.
for in this way we can preserve the query, to trigger another search for it with other engines.
regards
ibrahim

Locutor Antonio Cezar

Hello. In InstantTranslate Add-on, I can configure entry gestures for any of the available translation options: Clipboard, last spoken text, or currently selected test. And the three options are useful, because each of them may be more interesting as the occasion of use of add-on. I have verified that there is the possibility of changing the default input gesture to activate add-on. Then it would be quite simple to include two more inputs there, so that the user could set up any of them, according to their needs. Could you think about the implementation of these new entry gestures for the searchwith add-on, please?! My eternal gratitude for your work and dedication in the development of this add-on... Thank you.

Locutor Antonio Cezar

Em 08/10/2021 08:59, Ibrahim Hamadeh escreveu:

[...]

Hello Antonio
So if I have understand well, you wish to have the ability to assign gestures for:
1.trigger the search menu for selected text
2. trigger the search menu for text in clipboard
3. trigger the search menu for last spoken text

and the three gestures you can assign them from input gestures dialog
did I got you right
if that what you meant, I will think of it
kind regards for you
ibrahim

On 10/8/2021 3:21 PM, Locutor Antonio Cezar wrote:
[...]

Yes. That's exactly that... Thank you.

Locutor Antonio Cezar

Em 08/10/2021 09:53, Ibrahim Hamadeh escreveu:

[...]

Rowen Cary

Thank you ibrahim. We may really need a way to save data.json. I forget to added many sites, every time I install it, but they disappeared after I installed the new version of the addon.

Another question is whether you can merge the latest translations in SVN. In my opinion, the simplified Chinese translation seems to be lagging behind.

在 2021/10/8 19:59, Ibrahim Hamadeh 写道:

[...]

Hello Rowen
-regarding the simplified Chinese translation
Well, yes this is a development version, and I will merge the SVN updates in the stable version.

-Regarding preserving data of the json file
well, I see it not appropriate for 2 reasons
1. If a normal user has damaged it, as I previously mentioned in a previous message
then preserving it, will mean preserving the problem.
2. If we have new engines or sites in the new version
then preserving it, will not give the user the opportunity to have the new updated ones.
until now, really I am not convinced of preserving it.
thank you
ibrahim

On 10/8/2021 4:45 PM, Rowen Cary wrote:
[...]

.

Rowen Cary

Hello ibrahim,

Thank you again, I have an idea, whether we can define the function of backing up data.json in the 'installTasks.py' script when installing the new version. Of course, this is my whim and may not be mature enough.

Cheers

rowen

在 2021/10/8 23:57, Ibrahim Hamadeh 写道:

[...]

Well, may be we can ask the user on installing the addon
if he wants to preserve the data file or not.
I will think of that
Thank you
ibrahim

On 10/8/2021 7:17 PM, Rowen Cary wrote:
[...]

for the first , I mean trigger search menu for selected text
it is the default, so it is not needed.
So I will try to have two new entries in input gestures
1. trigger search menu for clipboard text
2. trigger search menu for last spoken text
I think that will do the job
best regards
ibrahim

On 10/8/2021 4:35 PM, Locutor Antonio Cezar wrote:

[...]

Gratitude... Thanks.

Locutor Antonio Cezar

Em 08/10/2021 13:53, Ibrahim Hamadeh escreveu:

[...]

Hello, I want to know whether the readme file of each language can be updated through SVN. I see that the readme of many addons is very old, including 'Search With'.

Ibrahim Hamadeh

Hello,
from my side, I have updated readme.mdwn in SVN to include new changes
I mean including a combo box in setting panel, and it's purpose.
and also pushed the new translatable strings to stable branch, to be reflected in SVN.
not sure if other thing is required in these situations.
regards
ibrahim

On 10/14/2021 9:00 AM, Rowen Cary wrote:

Hello, I want to know whether the readme file of each language can be updated through SVN. I see that the readme of many addons is very old, including 'Search With'.

Ibrahim Hamadeh

Want really to thank jmdaweb for fixing my mark down errors there.
Appreciate that much.
ibrahim