From: nvda-addons@nvda-addons.groups.io <nvda-addons@nvda-addons.groups.io> On Behalf Of Andy B.
Sent: Friday, January 7, 2022 11:46 AM
To: nvda-addons@nvda-addons.groups.io
Subject: [nvda-addons] Developer toolkit 20.06 released

Hi,

Developer toolkit 20.06 is released. It has been updated to work with the new control types library, making it compatible with the newest releases of NVDA. You can find the release at https://github.com/ajborka/nvda_developer_toolkit/releases/tag/untagged-ab4416efb0417de30afb

Can someone give a PR for the website?

Noelia Ruiz

Hello: You may want to fork the addonFiles repo to create the PR according to

https://github.com/nvaccess/addonfiles

You'll find a template to provide info about the add-on when you create the PR:

https://github.com/nvaccess/addonFiles/blob/master/.github/PULL_REQUEST_TEMPLATE.md

If you find issues or have any other question, please ask again.

Developer toolkit 20.06 is released. It has been updated to work with the
new control types library, making it compatible with the newest releases of
NVDA. You can find the release at
https://github.com/ajborka/nvda_developer_toolkit/releases/tag/untagged-ab44
16efb0417de30afb

Can someone give a PR for the website?

Ibrahim Hamadeh

Hello,
I think there is a problem in the download link.
can you confirm that please.
regards

ibrahim

On 1/7/2022 9:45 PM, Andy B. wrote:

Hi,

Developer toolkit 20.06 is released. It has been updated to work with the new control types library, making it compatible with the newest releases of NVDA. You can find the release at https://github.com/ajborka/nvda_developer_toolkit/releases/tag/untagged-ab4416efb0417de30afb

Can someone give a PR for the website?

Andy B.

For some reason, it didn’t create a tag. Here is the official release:

https://github.com/ajborka/nvda_developer_toolkit/releases/tag/20.06

On 1/7/2022 9:45 PM, Andy B. wrote:

Hi,

Developer toolkit 20.06 is released. It has been updated to work with the new control types library, making it compatible with the newest releases of NVDA. You can find the release at https://github.com/ajborka/nvda_developer_toolkit/releases/tag/untagged-ab4416efb0417de30afb

Can someone give a PR for the website?

Ibrahim Hamadeh

Hello,
Well, I have managed to make a pull request for developer toolkit 20.06:
https://github.com/nvaccess/addonFiles/pull/252
Hope this will do the job.
best regards

ibrahim

On 1/7/2022 9:45 PM, Andy B. wrote:

Hi,

Developer toolkit 20.06 is released. It has been updated to work with the new control types library, making it compatible with the newest releases of NVDA. You can find the release at https://github.com/ajborka/nvda_developer_toolkit/releases/tag/untagged-ab4416efb0417de30afb

Can someone give a PR for the website?

Ângelo Abrantes

Hi,

Please can you tell me where can I find the messages, from your interesting job, to be translated to the remaining non englis communities?

Thank you very much.

Ângelo Abrantes, NVDAs' portuguese team.

--
Cordiais Cumprimentos
Ângelo Abrantes, Equipa <Portuguesa do NVDA

Avast logo

Andy B.

There isn’t any. A long time ago, NVDA community determined that the messages mostly consisted of numbers which didn’t require translations.

Please can you tell me where can I find the messages, from your interesting job, to be translated to the remaining non englis communities?

Thank you very much.

Ângelo Abrantes, NVDAs' portuguese team.

Às 19:45 de 07-01-2022, Andy B. escreveu:

Hi,

Developer toolkit 20.06 is released. It has been updated to work with the new control types library, making it compatible with the newest releases of NVDA. You can find the release at https://github.com/ajborka/nvda_developer_toolkit/releases/tag/untagged-ab4416efb0417de30afb

Can someone give a PR for the website?

--
Cordiais Cumprimentos
Ângelo Abrantes, Equipa <Portuguesa do NVDA

Image removed by sender. Avast logo

Ângelo Abrantes

Hi,

Excuse me, but I can't hunderstand!

Are the following messages numbers?

"Changes the way color values are displayed.
Enables or disables Developer toolkit features.
Enables or disables detailed messages.
Move to the focused object's first child.
Moves focus to the next sibling.
Moves focus to the previous sibling.
Moves to the focused object's parent.
Moves to the object's top-most parent.
Moves to the relative parent.
Reports formatting information for an object.
Sets the relative parent to use in obtaining an object's position.
Speaks The addon's version number. Press twice quickly to copy to the clipboard.
Speaks the focused element's HTML attributes. Press twice quickly to copy to clipboard.
Speaks the focused object's height.
Speaks the focused object's width.
Speaks the number of children contained inside the focused object.
Speaks the number of siblings for the focused object.
Speaks the object's bottom edge relative to the relative parent's bottom edge.
Speaks the object's control states. Press twice quickly to copy to the clipboard.
Speaks the object's name. Press twice quickly to copy to the clipboard.
Speaks the object's right edge location relative to the relative parent's right edge.
Speaks the object's role or control type.
Speaks the position of the object's bottom edge. Press twice quickly to copy to clipboard.
Speaks the position of the object's left edge. Press twice quickly to copy to clipboard.
Speaks the position of the object's right edge. Press twice quickly to copy to clipboard.
Speaks the position of the object's top edge. Press twice quickly to copy to clipboard.
Speaks the relative parent's name."

Thank you very much for your answer!

Às 01:23 de 09-01-2022, Andy B. escreveu:

[...]

I forgot about that part… How do you setup translations?

[...]

You would do:

  1. Mark translatable strings with Gettext calls with _(str).
  2. Then at the top of the file, below imports, you would write:

import addonHandler

addonHandler.initTranslation()

If it isn’t documented in the add-on dev guide, let us know so I can document this within the next 24 hours.

[...]

For example: _(“hello world!”)?

[...]

Yes. Don’t forget to add translator comments above it.

[...]

ChrisLM

In addition, to help the translators work it would be useful to add a small description comment,
e.g. (from resourceMonitor addon file __init__.py, line 461):

            # Translators: Obtaining uptime failed
            ui.message(_("Failed to get the system's uptime."))

Thanks!

Chris.
Andy B. ha scritto il 09/01/2022 alle 17:44:

For example: _(“hello world!”)?

Andy B.

Ok, will get to it when I have time.

[...]

Thank you very much for your answer before mine.

This is totalyy sufficient.

Cheers.

Às 16:38 de 09-01-2022, Joseph Lee escreveu:

[...]

Thank you for your work, and excuse me for my insistence.

Cheers

Ângelo Abrantes

Às 17:27 de 09-01-2022, Andy B. escreveu:

[...]

Martin J. Dürst

Hello Joseph,

Many thanks for your excellent Add-on Development Guide.

It mentions gettext shortly in "Add-on submission checklist", point 4.
It mentions the Addon Handler module and addonHandler.initTranslation() as the first item in "List of useful NVDA core modules and methods".

So things are covered, but they may be easily missed on a first reading.

Regards, Martin.

I forgot about that part… How do you setup translations?

Hi,
Yep, I'll put a reminder about addonHandler.initTranslation as part of the checklist.