Topics

Detect review mode in NVDA

Fernando Durgam

Hello
Who can help me, I am developing an add-on and I need to know when NVDA is in review mode and thus before a user input decide what action to take.
In other words, I need to know if a virtual buffer object navigation should proceed
I await your answers
Thank you so much

Nathaniel Schmidt

Hi,

My understanding is that NVDA no longer collectively recognises all review modes as only one mode; in other words, there is no flat review any more.  would I be correct in suggesting that you seem to be wanting to specifically request whether the user is accessing document review? To do  this, you can call the review.getCurrentMode () function, which will return the review mode currently in use as a tuple item Nested within a list.  if you would like to retrieve the text for the object that is being reviewed, then I believe you must call getPositionForCurrentMode (obj), which will give you identification of both the object in question and the text it contains.

Hope this helps.

Kind regards,
Nathaniel Schmidt

On 6 Nov 2019, at 9:38 am, Fernando Durgam <fdurgam@...> wrote:

Hello
Who can help me, I am developing an add-on and I need to know when NVDA is in review mode and thus before a user input decide what action to take.
In other words, I need to know if a virtual buffer object navigation should proceed
I await your answers
Thank you so much