Topics

Clock add-on, new update

Abdel

Hi dear friends,

The Clock add-on of our friend Hrvoje has just been updated to include the following changes:

1. Addition of certain time and date formats that include only one digit for each field.

2. Addition of a countdown with alarm that can be configured in hours, minutes or seconds to sound an alarm.

3. Correction of the messages to be translated for translators so that they are not bored by the new format.
You can download it from the following link:

http://cyber25.free.fr/nvda-addons/clock-18.12dev.nvda-addon

After you set an alarm, you can check it in two ways.

Control + F12 only once checks the next alarm loaded and if pressed 2 times cancels it.

NVDA + Shift + F12 then A to check the alarm or C to cancel it.

Dear Translators, please update the translations and send them to me in private or on the list, I have not yet pushed this update because I wait for your tests.

There are now 60 messages.

You'll find as attachment, the latest pot file.

Thanks for your feedbacks.

Cheers,
Abdel.

zvonimir stanečić, 9a5dsz

Hi Abdel,
I am waiting for this to be pushed to github, cause it's easier for me to maintain.
Best,
Zvonimir

[...]

OK Zvonimir,

No problem.

I'll push the update as soon as all the tests are done, then it will pass to the revision step.

Abdel.

Le 02/12/2018 à 08:48, zvonimir stanečić, 9a5dsz a écrit :

[...]

Hrvoje Katić

Thanks Abdel! I will update translation for croatian and serbian in the meantime.

Hrvoje Katić
Facebook / Twitter Id: hrvix
Skype Id: hrvojekatic
Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/djjukebox20
SoundCloud: https://www.soundcloud.com/jukebox-the-producer
GSM: +385955857034

On 2.12.2018. 9:11, Abdel wrote:
[...]

Thanks Hrvoje,

I just made a latest  update that gives the ability to enter a waiting time of more than 24 hours for the alarm.

This doesn't add any locale messages.

Here's the download link, which is the same:

On 2.12.2018. 9:11, Abdel wrote:
[...]

Bernd Dorer

Hi Abdel,

Attached is my updated Translation. I found the following error in the log after installing this:
ERROR - globalPluginHandler.listPlugins (17:35:23.849):
Error importing global plugin clock
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "globalPluginHandler.pyc", line 22, in listPlugins
  File "C:\Users\Bernd\AppData\Roaming\nvda\addons\clock\globalPlugins\clock\__init__.py", line 14, in <module>
  File "C:\Users\Bernd\AppData\Roaming\nvda\addons\clock\globalPlugins\clock\formats.py", line 46, in <module>
KeyError: u'Hours'

Thanks

Bernd

Am 02.12.2018 um 08:39 schrieb Abdel:

[...]

Hi, Bern,

Thank you.

Have you tried to uninstall and reinstall the Add-on?

Here, the key shown in your error message on line 46 of the formats.py module matches well, it's all in lowercase.

Try to reinstall using the latest version I sent on the list.

Also try to look at the translation in the Po file, the indicated line relates to the message:

"It's {minutes} past {hours} {tm}"

In the translation, {hours} and {minutes} must be entirely in lowercase.

If the problem persists, the only solution will be to change this time format in line 46 of the formats.py module so this changes the corresponding translation message.

Cheers,
Abdel.

Le 02/12/2018 à 17:39, Bernd Dorer a écrit :

[...]

you're right. That's my fault. Here.s a corect file.

This time I found an other bug.
If I start a stopwatch and stop it with NVDA+shift+f12 followed by s, NVDA says for example: 3 Sekunden stopped.
The right message would be 3 Sekunden gestoppt.
Does that work for you? I can't find a mistake for this translation.

Thanks for your help

Am 02.12.2018 um 20:26 schrieb Abdel:

[...]

Mohammadreza Rashad

Hello dear Abdel,
This is translated file in Persian attached.
I suggest considering a hotkey to bring an alarm input dialog. In this
way, a user can quickly set the count-down timer.
Thanks in advance

--
Best wishes,
Mohammadreza Rashad

Kevin Cussick

I might try this thanks, but is it not on the nvda dev addons page? thanks in advance.

On 02/12/2018 07:39, Abdel wrote:
[...]

Hi Bernd,

First of all, a big thank you for finding this important bug that I just corrected.

The problem was in the line 185 of the __init.__.py module. __. py.

There was a parenthesis that was not properly closed.

This line has been corrected from:

Hi Bernd,

First of all, a big thank you for finding this important bug that I just corrected.

The problem was in the line 185 of the __init.__.py module. __. py.

There was a parenthesis that was not properly closed.

This line has been corrected from:

ui.message(_(u"{0} stopped.".format (secondsToString(self.stopwatch.elapsedTime()))))

to:

ui.message(_(u"{0} stopped.").format (secondsToString(self.stopwatch.elapsedTime())))
The fixed add-on is available at the same address:

http://cyber25.free.fr/nvda-addons/clock-18.12dev.nvda-addon

Thanks for re-checking the bugs before I push the fixed update on the GitHub repo of our friend Hrvoje.

Cheers,
Abdel.

to:

Le 02/12/2018 à 21:31, Bernd Dorer a écrit :

[...]

Hi Mohammadreza and all,

Sorry for my previous mail, it was a bit confusing.

For the isolation of the Alarm Setup dialog box, no problem, I could do it to you in a next update.

For the moment, the download link of the current stable version is as follows:

http://cyber25.free.fr/nvda-addons/clock-18.12dev.nvda-addon

I have not yet included Mohammadreza's translation, I will do it in the next version.

Abdel.

Le 02/12/2018 à 22:08, Mohammadreza Rashad a écrit :

[...]

Rémy Ruiz

Hi Abdel,

Thanks for all, but sommes messages are displayed in english yet, despite being translated, see Alarm (in both Spanish and French languages) and the dialog box to choose the hours (in in spanish) thank you for reviewing this.

I have sent today to your private attachment, thanks again.

Cheers.
Rémy
Le 03/12/2018 à 10:48, Abdel a écrit :

[...]

Hi Rémy,

Thanks.

I just added the translations you sent me as well as those of Mohammadreza and Bernd.

I'm currently working on the isolation of the Alarm Setup dialog box, I'll keep you informed certainly before the end of the week.

The download link is the same:

Le 03/12/2018 à 15:11, Rémy Ruiz a écrit :

[...]

Cyrille

Hello Abdel

I did not install all the new versions of clock addon during all the work you did recently.
Today I installed it and had the following error when trying to get time :

Input: kb(desktop):NVDA+f12
ERROR - scriptHandler.executeScript (21:27:27.588):
error executing script: <bound method GlobalPlugin.script_reportTimeAndDate of <globalPlugins.clock.GlobalPlugin object at 0x04EB5150>> with gesture 'NVDA+f12'
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "scriptHandler.pyo", line 187, in executeScript
File "C:\Users\Cyrille\AppData\Roaming\nvda\addons\clock\globalPlugins\clock\__init__.py", line 141, in script_reportTimeAndDate
StopIteration

I did not investigate so much but I guess that it was due to format change between the old version that was on my computer and the new version.
Maybe you should reset the formerly stored configuration (in the .ini file) during installation if the previous version was too old.

Anyway, I have been able to open the configuration window without problem and set a new config. Thus the issue has disappeared.

Cheers.

Cyrille

Rémy Ruiz

Hi Cyrille,

Abdel said:

I just added the translations you sent me as well as those of Mohammadreza and Bernd.

I'm currently working on the isolation of the Alarm Setup dialog box, I'll keep you informed certainly before the end of the week.

The download link is the same:

http://cyber25.free.fr/nvda-addons/clock-18.12dev.nvda-addon

Updated French and Spanish translations in this last add-on...

Cheers,
Rémy
Le 03/12/2018 à 21:40, Cyrille via Groups.Io a écrit :

[...]

Hello Cyrille,

Thanks for this important comment.

Indeed, since the latest version of the Clock add-on has changed the presentation of the time formats, it's necessary, before using it, to set a new time format in the configuration dialog box of the Add-on.

This should then update the NVDA.ini file with the corrected time format.

So, dear users, before using an update of the add-on, try to set a new time format to avoid this issue.

Cheers,
Abdel.

[...]

Hello dear friends,

I just made the needed update to isolate the alarm setup dialog box.

The download link is the same:

http://cyber25.free.fr/nvda-addons/clock-18.12dev.nvda-addon

Now, the Clock add-on is compatible with NVDA versions ranging from 2014.3 to 2018.4.

With the versions of NVDA that precede 2018.2, the Add-on Configuration submenu is available on the Tools menu.

If Hrvoje agree, I think the add-on can now pass to the review step.

Please do your tests and tell us what you think.

You'll find the latest pot file as attachment.

Abdel.

Le 04/12/2018 à 06:27, Abdel a écrit :

[...]

Cagri Dogan

Hi,
I think alarm value should be deleted after one previously set terminated or canceled. Could you please update turkish translation. Thanks,

çağrı
__________
https://sakattavir.blogspot.com

I just made the needed update to isolate the alarm setup dialog box.

The download link is the same:

> http://cyber25.free.fr/nvda-addons/clock-18.12dev.nvda-addon

Now, the Clock add-on is compatible with NVDA versions ranging from
2014.3 to 2018.4.

With the versions of NVDA that precede 2018.2, the Add-on Configuration
submenu is available on the Tools menu.

If Hrvoje agree, I think the add-on can now pass to the review step.

Please do your tests and tell us what you think.

You'll find the latest pot file as attachment.

Abdel.

Le 04/12/2018 à 06:27, Abdel a écrit :
> Hello Cyrille,
>
> Thanks for this important comment.
>
> Indeed, since the latest version of the Clock add-on has changed the
> presentation of the time formats, it's necessary, before using it, to
> set a new time format in the configuration dialog box of the Add-on.
>
> This should then update the NVDA.ini file with the corrected time format.
>
> So, dear users, before using an update of the add-on, try to set a new
> time format to avoid this issue.
>
> Cheers,
> Abdel.
>

> Le 03/12/2018 à 21:40, Cyrille via Groups.Io a écrit :
>> Hello Abdel
>>
>> I did not install all the new versions of clock addon during all the
>> work you did recently.
>> Today I installed it and had the following error when trying to get
>> time :
>>
>> Input: kb(desktop):NVDA+f12
>> ERROR - scriptHandler.executeScript (21:27:27.588):
>> error executing script: <bound method
>> GlobalPlugin.script_reportTimeAndDate of
>> <globalPlugins.clock.GlobalPlugin object at 0x04EB5150>> with gesture
>> 'NVDA+f12'
>> Traceback (most recent call last):
>>    File "scriptHandler.pyo", line 187, in executeScript
>>    File
>> "C:\Users\Cyrille\AppData\Roaming\nvda\addons\clock\globalPlugins\clock\__init__.py",
>> line 141, in script_reportTimeAndDate
>> StopIteration
>>
>> I did not investigate so much but I guess that it was due to format
>> change between the old version that was on my computer and the new
>> version.
>> Maybe you should reset the formerly stored configuration (in the .ini
>> file) during installation if the previous version was too old.
>>
>> Anyway, I have been able to open the configuration window without
>> problem and set a new config. Thus the issue has disappeared.
>>
>> Cheers.
>>
>> Cyrille

Ján Kulik

Hello Addel and others, on Monday I updated the Slovak translation and sent an email to Hrvoje, No Sorry I have to translate completely because after updating the add-on I lost updated translations. For a moment, I have to translate from the beginning.