Topics

Clipspeak 1.1 development snapshot, compatible with NVDA 2019.3

Hi all,

I guess I need to maintain Clipspeak for a little while: version 1.1 November 30th development snapshot is now available for testing:

https://www.josephsl.net/files/nvdaaddons/clipspeak-1.1-20191130-dev.nvda-addon

This version makes the add-on compatible with NVDA 2019.3. It wasn’t compatible until now due to use of win32clipboard module, which is gone in NVDA 2019.3; for anyone relying on any Pywin32 modules such as win32clipboard and win32api, please use relevant Windows API functions (for clipboard, you should use functions exported by user32.dll). If things go well, 1.1 stable will go out sometime next week.

Also, the community is looking for someone to maintain this add-on from 2020 onwards (Damien noted on a number of occasions that someone should take care of this add-on). I myself will maintain this add-on on behalf of the community until either someone steps up or until February 2020, whichever happens later.

Took me about twenty minutes to port the add-on (spent most of that verifying that clipboard functions were defined in the right Windows API library), and a while to test to make sure it works in NVDA 2019.2.1 and 2019.3 alpha (and yes, it works on both releases). I hope I won’t have to do this for other add-ons unless it is so urgent that we do this.

[...]

derek riemer

I'm happy to help with these, as requested.

On Sat, Nov 30, 2019 at 4:15 PM Joseph Lee <joseph.lee22590@...> wrote:

Hi,

[...]

Derek Riemer
•    Accessibility enthusiast.
•    Open source enthusiast.
•    Skier.

Kevin Cussick

thanks for this, will download and test later.

On 30/11/2019 23:12, Joseph Lee wrote:
[...]

Joseph, downloaded this and it works well again with alpha thanks so much for Your work. I have really missed this addon thanks again.