Topics

brailling ARIA live regions

Florian Beijers

Hi,

I was wondering if there is already an addon that allows for the
displaying of aria live regions, alerts etc. on the braille display?
If not, could someone toss me a code pointer on how to make such an addon?

Florian

Lukasz Golonka

On Sun, 28 Mar 2021 20:55:47 +0200
"Florian Beijers" <florianbeijers@gmail.com> wrote:

If not, could someone toss me a code pointer on how to make such an addon?

You would need to monkey patch NVDAHelper replacing nvdaControllerInternal_reportLiveRegion
with the custom implementation which would be responsible for brailling
the content of the live region and calling the base function from
NVDAHelper. It is also worth noting that before NVDA 2020.4 this cannot
be done at all, as content of the live region was transferred from the
inprocess C++ code to the Python side the same way as spoken messages
from NVDAController.

--
Regards
Lukasz