From: "Pawel Urbanski" <pawel@e-urbanski.com>
To: "nvda-addons" <nvda-addons@nvda-addons.groups.io>
Sent: Monday, November 23, 2020 5:17 PM
Subject: [nvda-addons] Braille display usage question.

Hi Everyone,
How many of you owns and is using a Braille display when coding?
It is definitely my personal preference or oppinion, but I think that
coding without a Braille display can quickly become very very
difficult if not impossible at the productive level...

Best,
Pawel

Oleksandr Gryshchenko

Hi friends,

Pawel, unfortunately, I have never had a Braille display and I don't use it now. Therefore, I can't assess how convenient it is to use in development.
Now when working on a computer, I navigate only by hearing.
I periodically take part in small projects and so far I have managed to work this way, but of course, my sighted fellow programmers work much faster than I do.

Good luck!
Oleksandr

Noelia Ruiz

Hello, I use it and sometimes, when I haven"t a braille display available, I coded without it. But it is much more comfortable to use it, especially for indentation an to see some wrong symbols. Also, recently I started using unit tests for a project, with GitHub Actions and flake8, and it helps a lot too. I love braille to read books and of course I think it"s very important to code.
Cheers

Enviado desde mi iPhone

El 23 nov 2020, a las 18:17, Pawel Urbanski <pawel@e-urbanski.com> escribi├│:

´╗┐Hi Everyone,
How many of you owns and is using a Braille display when coding?
It is definitely my personal preference or oppinion, but I think that
coding without a Braille display can quickly become very very
difficult if not impossible at the productive level...

Best,
Pawel

Stefan Moisei

Hi,\
I think the other way round, I am too slow reading braille, therefore I prefer speech. I use braille for math only, it is much more complex than programming. Some code lines can be complicated too, there I change my reading granularity.