Topics

Add-on Updater 21.03 released #addonrelease

Hi all,

Add-on Updater 21.03 is now available. I expect this will be first of a series of add-on updates this week. In addition to requiring NVDA 2020.4, Add-on Updater 21.03 now presents an error message if it cannot check for add-on updates due to loss of Internet connection. As always, you can check for Add-on Updater updates through Add-on Updater itself.

Expect more exciting changes in the next version of Add-on Updater. In particular, the next version will start update checks for at least two new add-ons.

Add-on Updater 21.03 is now available. I expect this will be first of a series of add-on updates this week. In addition to requiring NVDA 2020.4, Add-on Updater 21.03 now presents an error message if it cannot check for add-on updates due to loss of Internet connection. As always, you can check for Add-on Updater updates through Add-on Updater itself.

Robert Hänggi

On 01/04/2021, Joseph Lee <joseph.lee22590@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi all,

Add-on Updater 21.03 is now available. I expect this will be first of a
series of add-on updates this week. In addition to requiring NVDA 2020.4,
Add-on Updater 21.03 now presents an error message if it cannot check for
add-on updates due to loss of Internet connection.
I hope this will only pop up on manual check.

Regarding settings:
It is weird that those are specific to the current profile. I have for
instance plenty of problems excluding an add-on from being updated
since it might still be allowed in the profile I change to in the
course of the day.

Best
Robert

As always, you can check
for Add-on Updater updates through Add-on Updater itself.

The update check error will be shown during manual update checks.

Add-on Updater 21.03 is now available. I expect this will be first of
a series of add-on updates this week. In addition to requiring NVDA
2020.4, Add-on Updater 21.03 now presents an error message if it
cannot check for add-on updates due to loss of Internet connection.
I hope this will only pop up on manual check.

Regarding settings:
It is weird that those are specific to the current profile. I have for instance plenty of problems excluding an add-on from being updated since it might still be allowed in the profile I change to in the course of the day.

Best
Robert

As always, you can check
for Add-on Updater updates through Add-on Updater itself.

Sergio Gómez <gomez.sergio.3110@...>

Hi Joseph

I remind you about, if possible, that addonUpdater notifies you if there are connection problems when searching for add-ons. I thought it would be included in this version, but it seems that not…

Thanks

The update check error will be shown during manual update checks.

> Add-on Updater 21.03 is now available. I expect this will be first of

> a series of add-on updates this week. In addition to requiring NVDA

> 2020.4, Add-on Updater 21.03 now presents an error message if it

> cannot check for add-on updates due to loss of Internet connection.

I hope this will only pop up on manual check.

Regarding settings:

It is weird that those are specific to the current profile. I have for instance plenty of problems excluding an add-on from being updated since it might still be allowed in the profile I change to in the course of the day.

Best

Robert

> As always, you can check

> for Add-on Updater updates through Add-on Updater itself.

> Cheers,

> Joseph

Hi,

It should give you an error if connection issues occur, although I need a log to verify that what I did is indeed working.

I remind you about, if possible, that addonUpdater notifies you if there are connection problems when searching for add-ons. I thought it would be included in this version, but it seems that not…

Thanks

The update check error will be shown during manual update checks.

> Add-on Updater 21.03 is now available. I expect this will be first of

> a series of add-on updates this week. In addition to requiring NVDA

> 2020.4, Add-on Updater 21.03 now presents an error message if it

> cannot check for add-on updates due to loss of Internet connection.

I hope this will only pop up on manual check.

Regarding settings:

It is weird that those are specific to the current profile. I have for instance plenty of problems excluding an add-on from being updated since it might still be allowed in the profile I change to in the course of the day.

Best

Robert

> As always, you can check

> for Add-on Updater updates through Add-on Updater itself.

> Cheers,

> Joseph

Sergio Gómez <gomez.sergio.3110@...>

Sorry. Yes he gives the error when he has problems, it was I who did not try calmly.

It was because I activated the airplane mode of Windows 10, but since I have it connected to the internet by cable, it only deactivated the Wi-Fi and Bluetooth apparently… Now I have disconnected the cable manually and I have deactivated the Wi-Fi, and I could see reporting with an error.

I repeat, sorry, sorry for the inconvenience.

Thanks

It should give you an error if connection issues occur, although I need a log to verify that what I did is indeed working.

I remind you about, if possible, that addonUpdater notifies you if there are connection problems when searching for add-ons. I thought it would be included in this version, but it seems that not…

Thanks

The update check error will be shown during manual update checks.

> Add-on Updater 21.03 is now available. I expect this will be first of

> a series of add-on updates this week. In addition to requiring NVDA

> 2020.4, Add-on Updater 21.03 now presents an error message if it

> cannot check for add-on updates due to loss of Internet connection.

I hope this will only pop up on manual check.

Regarding settings:

It is weird that those are specific to the current profile. I have for instance plenty of problems excluding an add-on from being updated since it might still be allowed in the profile I change to in the course of the day.

Best

Robert

> As always, you can check

> for Add-on Updater updates through Add-on Updater itself.

> Cheers,

> Joseph

Hi,

That’s okay.