Add-on Updater 20.12.1 patch released, preparing the add-on for future NVDA releases #addonrelease

Hello all,

Add-on Updater 20.12.1 is now available. This patch prepares the add-on to support future NVDA releases, specifically changes around Windows version compatibility checks for add-ons. As always, Add-on Updater can be updated using Add-on Updater (no bruh, I’m not a rapper).

Cheers,

Joseph

Hi all,

Specifically, Add-on Updater 20.12.1 is geared to support:

Introduce winVersion.WinVersion class to record Windows version information, removing winVersion.isWin10 function by josephsl · Pull Request #11909 · nvaccess/nvda (github.com)

People watching changes associated with this pull request more closely may notice that parts of this PR came from Add-on Updater, and to a larger extent, Resource Monitor (although Alex wrote the bulk of the add-on, Windows version announcement was written by yours truly).

Cheers,

Joseph

From: nvda-addons@nvda-addons.groups.io <nvda-addons@nvda-addons.groups.io> On Behalf Of Joseph Lee via groups.io
Sent: Sunday, December 13, 2020 6:16 PM
To: nvda-addons@nvda-addons.groups.io
Subject: [nvda-addons] Add-on Updater 20.12.1 patch released, preparing the add-on for future NVDA releases #AddonRelease

Hello all,

Add-on Updater 20.12.1 is now available. This patch prepares the add-on to support future NVDA releases, specifically changes around Windows version compatibility checks for add-ons. As always, Add-on Updater can be updated using Add-on Updater (no bruh, I’m not a rapper).

Cheers,

Joseph

Matthew Dyer <matthew.dyer83@...>

Just grabbed  it this morning.  I  had to run the updater manially for some reason.  I am running the latest master snapshot of nada.  Just thought I would point that out.  Thanks.

Matthew

On Dec 13, 2020, at 9:15 PM, Joseph Lee <joseph.lee22590@...> wrote:

Hello all,

Cheers,
Joseph

Brian's Mail list account

Maybe a Christmas Wrapper?
OK sorry.
Brian

bglists@blueyonder.co.uk
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal E-mail to:-
briang1@blueyonder.co.uk, putting 'Brian Gaff'
in the display name field.
Newsgroup monitored: alt.comp.blind-users

----- Original Message -----
To: <nvda-addons@nvda-addons.groups.io>
Sent: Monday, December 14, 2020 2:15 AM
Subject: [nvda-addons] Add-on Updater 20.12.1 patch released, preparing the add-on for future NVDA releases #AddonRelease

Hello all,

Add-on Updater 20.12.1 is now available. This patch prepares the add-on to
support future NVDA releases, specifically changes around Windows version
compatibility checks for add-ons. As always, Add-on Updater can be updated
using Add-on Updater (no bruh, I'm not a rapper).

Cheers,

Joseph