Topics

Add-on Updater 20.07 is on its way #addonrelease

Hello everyone,

Add-on Updater 20.07 is on its way – it will show up in about an hour or so from now. Key changes include ability to detect and present a message about legacy add-ons (add-ons with features included in NVDA; as of today, this applies to Enhanced ARIA, Focus Highlight, and Screen Curtain), and possibility to save add-on update settings by pressing Control+NVDA+C, revert to saved settings (Control+NVDA+R), or reset to defaults (Control+NVDA+R three times).

IMPORTANT: Add-on Updater 20.07 requires NVDA 2020.1 or later. Although the add-on will work with 2019.3 with modifications, please update to NVDA 2020.1 or later for best experience.

Are there not more customisations in focus highlight add on than in the nvda implementation? I only tend to use this add on for when I have sighted people here, to help them grasp what I'm doing, so it probably won't matter to me personally, and to be honest I always did tend to feel focus highlight could cause nvda weird effects. I've not seen those in the normal nvda on its own.
Brian

bglists@...
briang1@..., putting 'Brian Gaff'

Add-on Updater 20.07 is on its way - it will show up in about an hour or so
from now. Key changes include ability to detect and present a message about
legacy add-ons (add-ons with features included in NVDA; as of today, this
applies to Enhanced ARIA, Focus Highlight, and Screen Curtain), and
possibility to save add-on update settings by pressing Control+NVDA+C,
revert to saved settings (Control+NVDA+R), or reset to defaults
(Control+NVDA+R three times).

IMPORTANT: Add-on Updater 20.07 requires NVDA 2020.1 or later. Although the
add-on will work with 2019.3 with modifications, please update to NVDA
2020.1 or later for best experience.

Ultimately that's up to Takuya to answer.

Add-on Updater 20.07 is on its way - it will show up in about an hour or
so
from now. Key changes include ability to detect and present a message
about
legacy add-ons (add-ons with features included in NVDA; as of today, this
applies to Enhanced ARIA, Focus Highlight, and Screen Curtain), and
possibility to save add-on update settings by pressing Control+NVDA+C,
revert to saved settings (Control+NVDA+R), or reset to defaults
(Control+NVDA+R three times).

IMPORTANT: Add-on Updater 20.07 requires NVDA 2020.1 or later. Although
the
add-on will work with 2019.3 with modifications, please update to NVDA
2020.1 or later for best experience.

Oh it can, and it does. See the add-on's issue page. Some long standing stuff that can cause NVDA crashes under some pretty normal circumstances (reading certain dialog boxes, for example).

I don't personally consider it a stable add-on, no matter how it's labeled on the site.

Luke

----- Original Message ----- From: "Joseph Lee" <@joslee>
Add-on Updater 20.07 is on its way - it will show up in about an hour or so
from now. Key changes include ability to detect and present a message about
legacy add-ons (add-ons with features included in NVDA; as of today, this
applies to Enhanced ARIA, Focus Highlight, and Screen Curtain), and
possibility to save add-on update settings by pressing Control+NVDA+C,
revert to saved settings (Control+NVDA+R), or reset to defaults
(Control+NVDA+R three times).
IMPORTANT: Add-on Updater 20.07 requires NVDA 2020.1 or later. Although the
add-on will work with 2019.3 with modifications, please update to NVDA
2020.1 or later for best experience.

hi Joseph
[Add ability to check for, download, and apply add-on updates](https://github.com/nvaccess/nvda/pull/6930)
Is pr still going on?
thanks

Hi,

Yes but higher level priority tasks (life and NVDA development) came up.