About hide mouse pointer

Javi Domínguez

Hello.

I want to hide the mouse pointer from being seen on the image when taking a screenshot with ScreenshotsWizard.
The easiest is to just push it aside, move the cursor to the bottom right corner, but I was trying an alternative: create an invisible cursor. This is my code:

cursor = wx.Cursor(wx.Bitmap.FromRGBA(1, 1).ConvertToImage())
gui.mainFrame.SetCursor(cursor)

I don't see the effect this has but it seems to me that it doesn't work. I think I'm missing something. Could someone who is fluent in wxPython give me some guidance.

Thanks

Javi Dominguez

Brian's Mail list account

Ah I can well recall great hilarity in a less litigant time, where small programs to make the mouse pointer vanish would be loaded onto an unsuspecting colleagues machine... ahem, Of course I'd never do such a thing.. However I'd suggest it might well be far more difficult to achieve nowadays from the malware protection standpoint. Back in the days of innocence there was no malicious intent.

bglists@...
Sent via blueyonder.(Virgin media)
Please address personal E-mail to:-
briang1@..., putting 'Brian Gaff'

I want to hide the mouse pointer from being seen on the image when
taking a screenshot with ScreenshotsWizard.
The easiest is to just push it aside, move the cursor to the bottom
right corner, but I was trying an alternative: create an invisible
cursor. This is my code:

cursor = wx.Cursor(wx.Bitmap.FromRGBA(1, 1).ConvertToImage())
gui.mainFrame.SetCursor(cursor)

I don't see the effect this has but it seems to me that it doesn't work.
I think I'm missing something. Could someone who is fluent in wxPython
give me some guidance.

Thanks

Javi Dominguez

I think the site you mention was rjl software.

And yeah back between 1995 and 2001 the net had some weird things that don't exist now.

People from pay as you go services like epipo were experimenting, you got cash for just surfing and clicking adds.

A bitcoin precurser maybe?

Then you had sites like mp3.com having you subscribe to email, then giving you a disk of music randomly if you entered your address in as an experiment by the record companies.

And now we have itunes, bandcamp, and 7digital.

Digital content is making cash and subscriptions to so even pirating aint a thing unless you want it but so many services, it just took a while.

Its not all smooth sailing but yeah the concept of the free internet was an experiment.

And making your system reformat for a joke or moving windows to the recycle bin was the thing.

Being on joke lists and running random attachments was also a thing.

There were viruses in email but yeah that.

But now I wouldn't even try a joke list.

I just wish I had recorded some of the beginnings of the niceness of the net.

Where spammers were still ethical rather than now.

I spend most of the time handling spam calls, the rest handling overzellous security programms.

On 26/06/2022 9:34 pm, Brian's Mail list account via groups.io wrote:
Ah I can well recall great hilarity in a less litigant time, where small programs to make the mouse pointer vanish would be loaded onto an unsuspecting  colleagues  machine... ahem, Of course I'd never do such a thing.. However I'd suggest it might well be far more difficult to achieve nowadays from the malware protection standpoint. Back in the days of innocence there was no malicious intent.
Brian

Cyrille

Hi Javi

You can have a look at the screen curtain code which makes disappear the mouse cursor using the Magnification API.
I think that this feature is available only in Windows 8 onwards.

Cheers,

Cyrille

Brian's Mail list account

Yes I had a friend jailed by the computer misuse act as he made a kind of DIY virus kit that could install stuff. Naively, thinking everyone had a sense of humour when sheep started moving icons about etc. Fact was that people hacked his code and used it maliciously. I believe after this short custodial sentence he got a driving job and moved away from programming even though he was brilliant at it. Brian

[...]

Yes won't do anything in 7, a friend tried it. Brian