About hide mouse pointer

Javi Domínguez

Hello.

I want to hide the mouse pointer from being seen on the image when taking a screenshot with ScreenshotsWizard.
The easiest is to just push it aside, move the cursor to the bottom right corner, but I was trying an alternative: create an invisible cursor. This is my code:

cursor = wx.Cursor(wx.Bitmap.FromRGBA(1, 1).ConvertToImage())
gui.mainFrame.SetCursor(cursor)

I don't see the effect this has but it seems to me that it doesn't work. I think I'm missing something. Could someone who is fluent in wxPython give me some guidance.

Thanks

Javi Dominguez

Brian's Mail list account

Ah I can well recall great hilarity in a less litigant time, where small programs to make the mouse pointer vanish would be loaded onto an unsuspecting colleagues machine... ahem, Of course I'd never do such a thing.. However I'd suggest it might well be far more difficult to achieve nowadays from the malware protection standpoint. Back in the days of innocence there was no malicious intent.
Brian

--
bglists@...
Sent via blueyonder.(Virgin media)
Please address personal E-mail to:-
briang1@..., putting 'Brian Gaff'
in the display name field.

----- Original Message -----
To: <nvda-addons@nvda-addons.groups.io>
Sent: Saturday, June 25, 2022 8:19 PM
Subject: [nvda-addons] About hide mouse pointer

Hello.

I want to hide the mouse pointer from being seen on the image when
taking a screenshot with ScreenshotsWizard.
The easiest is to just push it aside, move the cursor to the bottom
right corner, but I was trying an alternative: create an invisible
cursor. This is my code:

cursor = wx.Cursor(wx.Bitmap.FromRGBA(1, 1).ConvertToImage())
gui.mainFrame.SetCursor(cursor)

I don't see the effect this has but it seems to me that it doesn't work.
I think I'm missing something. Could someone who is fluent in wxPython
give me some guidance.

Thanks

Javi Dominguez

I think the site you mention was rjl software.

And yeah back between 1995 and 2001 the net had some weird things that don't exist now.

People from pay as you go services like epipo were experimenting, you got cash for just surfing and clicking adds.

A bitcoin precurser maybe?

Then you had sites like mp3.com having you subscribe to email, then giving you a disk of music randomly if you entered your address in as an experiment by the record companies.

And now we have itunes, bandcamp, and 7digital.

Digital content is making cash and subscriptions to so even pirating aint a thing unless you want it but so many services, it just took a while.

Its not all smooth sailing but yeah the concept of the free internet was an experiment.

And making your system reformat for a joke or moving windows to the recycle bin was the thing.

Being on joke lists and running random attachments was also a thing.

There were viruses in email but yeah that.

But now I wouldn't even try a joke list.

I just wish I had recorded some of the beginnings of the niceness of the net.

Where spammers were still ethical rather than now.

I spend most of the time handling spam calls, the rest handling overzellous security programms.

On 26/06/2022 9:34 pm, Brian's Mail list account via groups.io wrote:
Ah I can well recall great hilarity in a less litigant time, where small programs to make the mouse pointer vanish would be loaded onto an unsuspecting  colleagues  machine... ahem, Of course I'd never do such a thing.. However I'd suggest it might well be far more difficult to achieve nowadays from the malware protection standpoint. Back in the days of innocence there was no malicious intent.
Brian

Cyrille

Hi Javi

You can have a look at the screen curtain code which makes disappear the mouse cursor using the Magnification API.
I think that this feature is available only in Windows 8 onwards.

Cheers,

Cyrille

Yes I had a friend jailed by the computer misuse act as he made a kind of DIY virus kit that could install stuff. Naively, thinking everyone had a sense of humour when sheep started moving icons about etc. Fact was that people hacked his code and used it maliciously. I believe after this short custodial sentence he got a driving job and moved away from programming even though he was brilliant at it. Brian

--
bglists@...

Sent: Sunday, June 26, 2022 10:12 PM
Subject: Re: [nvda-addons] About hide mouse pointer

I think the site you mention was rjl software.

And yeah back between 1995 and 2001 the net had some weird things that don't exist now.

People from pay as you go services like epipo were experimenting, you got cash for just surfing and clicking adds.

A bitcoin precurser maybe?

Then you had sites like mp3.com having you subscribe to email, then giving you a disk of music randomly if you entered your address in as an experiment by the record companies.

And now we have itunes, bandcamp, and 7digital.

Digital content is making cash and subscriptions to so even pirating aint a thing unless you want it but so many services, it just took a while.

Its not all smooth sailing but yeah the concept of the free internet was an experiment.

And making your system reformat for a joke or moving windows to the recycle bin was the thing.

Being on joke lists and running random attachments was also a thing.

There were viruses in email but yeah that.

But now I wouldn't even try a joke list.

I just wish I had recorded some of the beginnings of the niceness of the net.

Where spammers were still ethical rather than now.

I spend most of the time handling spam calls, the rest handling overzellous security programms.

On 26/06/2022 9:34 pm, Brian's Mail list account via groups.io wrote:
Ah I can well recall great hilarity in a less litigant time, where small programs to make the mouse pointer vanish would be loaded onto an unsuspecting colleagues machine... ahem, Of course I'd never do such a thing.. However I'd suggest it might well be far more difficult to achieve nowadays from the malware protection standpoint. Back in the days of innocence there was no malicious intent.
Brian

Yes won't do anything in 7, a friend tried it. Brian

--
bglists@...

Sent: Sunday, June 26, 2022 10:29 PM

Hi Javi

You can have a look at the screen curtain code which makes disappear the mouse cursor using the Magnification API.

Cheers,

Cyrille

Yeah, you really needed to live between 1996-2001 to appreciate the full net joke party.

Spam could actually pay you, I often applied for but got rewards I couldn't use.

Twice I got program disks which I couldn't use.

I still have that random disk somewhere of random not quite musical music though so there is that I guess heck its probably worth something now.

Actually between 2002 and 207 there was still a party ish atmosphere but in 2007-08 they really started clamping down.

I never recorded anything from that time firstly because I didn't have the gear but mainly because I didn't think it'd end.

There is a lot of mistaken identity and other stuff even now.

Once you get caught its really to dangerous to try agin.

I fully admit I was a little pirate in the day but then who at that time didn't at least dabble, some are still doing it.

With the event of opensource well I stopped mmost of that.

But its only fun till you get caught.

Once that happens its really not worth it anymore.

Becides there were a couple times I was able to nagotiate with a couple companies I pinched off about why and what were my reasons, and they did fix them so yeah.

I never fought with the big monsters and not sure I'd want to.

On 27/06/2022 7:21 pm, Brian's Mail list account via groups.io wrote:
Yes I  had a friend jailed by the computer misuse act as he made a kind of DIY virus kit that could install stuff. Naively, thinking everyone had a sense of humour when sheep started moving icons about  etc. Fact was that people hacked his code and used it maliciously. I believe after this short custodial  sentence he got a driving job and moved away from programming even though he was brilliant at it. Brian

Noelia Ruiz

Hello: I think this thread contains too many messages not related to Javi"s question. Please, let"s try to provide answers related to the original topic.

Enviado desde mi iPhone

El 27 jun 2022, a las 9:21, Brian's Mail list account via groups.io <bglists@...> escribió:

Yes won't do anything in 7, a friend tried it. Brian

--
bglists@...
----- Original Message ----- From: "Cyrille via groups.io" <cyrille.bougot2@...>
Sent: Sunday, June 26, 2022 10:29 PM

Hi Javi

Cheers,

Cyrille