speak punctuations while navigating word by word

Cagri Dogan

Hi all,

A user is asking whether it’s possible for NVDA to speak all punctuations and symbols while navigating word by word regardless symbol level setting. As far as I know NVDA core doesn’t have such a feature. Do you know an addon that can make it possible?

All the best,

Çağrı

Windows için Posta ile gönderildi

James Scholes

I'm not sure I fully understand the question. When I set the punctuation level to All and then navigate with Ctrl+Left/Right Arrow, all punctuation seems to be spoken as expected. Is the user:

1. asking for that to happen when the punctuation level is not set to All; or
2. indicating that even with it set to All, some punctuation is still not announced?

If the first, I'm not sure why that would be expected. They would basically be asking for NVDA to ignore their own preferences, and can work around it by setting the punctuation level explicitly. That's what the setting is for.

If the latter, that's a bug, not an add-on-related concern.

On 22/11/2021 at 6:57 am, Cagri Dogan wrote:
Hi all,

A user is asking whether it’s possible for NVDA to speak all punctuations and symbols while navigating word by word regardless symbol level setting. As far as I know NVDA core doesn’t have such a feature. Do you know an addon that can make it possible?

All the best,

Çağrı

Windows için Posta <https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=550986> ile gönderildi

Cagri Dogan

Hi, Your first guess is true.

User wants to hear all punctuation only while navigating word-by-word even the symol level set to none. I guess for proof reading.

Kimden: James Scholes
Gönderilme: 22 Kasım 2021 Pazartesi 18:48
Kime: nvda-addons@nvda-addons.groups.io
Konu: Re: [nvda-addons] speak punctuations while navigating word by word

I'm not sure I fully understand the question.  When I set the punctuation level to All and then navigate with Ctrl+Left/Right Arrow, all punctuation seems to be spoken as expected.  Is the user:

1. asking for that to happen when the punctuation level is not set to All; or
2. indicating that even with it set to All, some punctuation is still not announced?

If the first, I'm not sure why that would be expected.  They would basically be asking for NVDA to ignore their own preferences, and can work around it by setting the punctuation level explicitly.  That's what the setting is for.

If the latter, that's a bug, not an add-on-related concern.

On 22/11/2021 at 6:57 am, Cagri Dogan wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> A user is asking whether it’s possible for NVDA to speak all punctuations and symbols while navigating word by word regardless symbol level setting. As far as I know NVDA core doesn’t have such a feature. Do you know an addon that can make it possible?
>
> All the best,
>
> Çağrı
>
> Windows için Posta <https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=550986> ile gönderildi

James Scholes

This isn't in NVDA Core, because it wouldn't make sense to most people for the reasons stated earlier. An add-on could probably be developed to make it happen, and I could also see a case for something like applying a configuration profile to word navigation specifically. In the meantime, changing the punctuation level is the only way.

*Kimden: *James Scholes <mailto:james@jls-radio.com>
*Gönderilme: *22 Kasım 2021 Pazartesi 18:48
*Kime: *nvda-addons@nvda-addons.groups.io <mailto:nvda-addons@nvda-addons.groups.io>

[...]

Windows için Posta <https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=550986 <https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=550986>> ile gönderildi

bering.p

Hi.
Cagri, see NVDAExtensionGlobalPlugin add-on.
Best regards.
Paul.
Le 22/11/2021 13:57, Cagri Dogan a écrit :

Hi all,

A user is asking whether it’s possible for NVDA to speak all punctuations and symbols while navigating word by word regardless symbol level setting. As far as I know NVDA core doesn’t have such a feature. Do you know an addon that can make it possible?

All the best,

Çağrı

Windows için Posta ile gönderildi

Noelia Ruiz

Hi Paul:

I think that you should share the link to the add-on your mentioning. Regards

Enviado desde mi iPhone

El 22 nov 2021, a las 18:04, bering.p <bering.p@...> escribió:

 Hi.
Cagri, see NVDAExtensionGlobalPlugin add-on.
Best regards.
Paul.
Le 22/11/2021 13:57, Cagri Dogan a écrit :

Hi all,

A user is asking whether it’s possible for NVDA to speak all punctuations and symbols while navigating word by word regardless symbol level setting. As far as I know NVDA core doesn’t have such a feature. Do you know an addon that can make it possible?

All the best,

Çağrı

Windows için Posta ile gönderildi

Cagri Dogan

Hi Paul, I’ve already check it out quickly. But I couldn’t find out which setting the addon offers can help the user in question.

Windows için Posta ile gönderildi

Gönderildi: Monday, November 22, 2021 8:04:13 PM
Kime: nvda-addons@nvda-addons.groups.io <nvda-addons@nvda-addons.groups.io>

Hi.
Cagri, see NVDAExtensionGlobalPlugin add-on.
Best regards.
Paul.
Le 22/11/2021 13:57, Cagri Dogan a écrit :

Hi all,

A user is asking whether it’s possible for NVDA to speak all punctuations and symbols while navigating word by word regardless symbol level setting. As far as I know NVDA core doesn’t have such a feature. Do you know an addon that can make it possible?

All the best,

Çağrı

Windows için Posta ile gönderildi

bering.p

IT's an configuration profile option
So in add-on settings, choose  "Current configuration profile settings..." menu,
and in " NVDA enhancements" category, you will find the  "Punctuation/symbol level on word movement:" combo box
Best regards.
Paul.

Kime: nvda-addons@nvda-addons.groups.io <nvda-addons@nvda-addons.groups.io>

Hi.
Cagri, see NVDAExtensionGlobalPlugin add-on.
Best regards.
Paul.
Le 22/11/2021 13:57, Cagri Dogan a écrit :

Hi all,

A user is asking whether it’s possible for NVDA to speak all punctuations and symbols while navigating word by word regardless symbol level setting. As far as I know NVDA core doesn’t have such a feature. Do you know an addon that can make it possible?

All the best,

Çağrı

Windows için Posta ile gönderildi

Cagri Dogan

Hi Paul, thank you. I found it but I couldn’t change it at least for normal configuration. I’ve not tried for other configurations though. It seems I can change it in the diolog and pressing apply or ok does not produce an error. But since I  experience no change in NVDA behavior I open the dialog again and the option is still in previous state. My experience is on alpha branch.

Kimden: bering.p
Gönderilme: 22 Kasım 2021 Pazartesi 22:02
Kime: nvda-addons@nvda-addons.groups.io

Kime: nvda-addons@nvda-addons.groups.io <nvda-addons@nvda-addons.groups.io>

Hi.
Cagri, see NVDAExtensionGlobalPlugin add-on.
Best regards.

Paul.

Le 22/11/2021 13:57, Cagri Dogan a écrit :

Hi all,

A user is asking whether it’s possible for NVDA to speak all punctuations and symbols while navigating word by word regardless symbol level setting. As far as I know NVDA core doesn’t have such a feature. Do you know an addon that can make it possible?

All the best,

Çağrı

Windows için Posta ile gönderildi

bering.p