Github actions and nvdaaddons fork

Patrick ZAJDA

Hello,

I set up some actions on my add-ons repositories based on Noelia's work.

My problem is, they will also be executed on the fork, which is not expected as I also rely on secret data I set up and I don't want these actions to be executed twice.

How can I prevent these actions to be executed on the nvdaaddons fork?

I though about deleting them from the stable branch. But risk of conflict when merging from the main code.

Maybe be never pushing other branch than stable to nvdaaddons, but I would prefer to be sure no action will be launched at all

Best regards,

--
Patrick ZAJDA
Certification NVDA 2019

Noelia Ruiz

Hi Patrick, Actions can be disabled in a particular repo, according to
GitHub documentation.

https://docs.github.com/en/github/administering-a-repository/managing-repository-settings/disabling-or-limiting-github-actions-for-a-repository#managing-github-actions-permissions-for-your-repository

I'll disable actions for Dropbox repo since I'm in the corresponding
settings. I've checked that documentation corresponds with the
presence of the explained settings. Anyway, I think you're a member of
the organization and you may check the repo configuration for actions
too.

About committing just some files in a branch, when I don't want to
merge but just commit some files, I use the following commands:

git checkout myBranch
git reset main addon/doc
git commit -m "Update doc folder without merging the whole main branch"
git push

You may see the workflow used by me in add-ons to send translations
from nvdaaddons/stable branch to nvdaes/main branch
https://raw.githubusercontent.com/nvdaes/clipContentsDesigner/main/.github/workflows/checkForTranslations.yaml

Regards

Hello,

I set up some actions on my add-ons repositories based on Noelia's work.

My problem is, they will also be executed on the fork, which is not
expected as I also rely on secret data I set up and I don't want these
actions to be executed twice.

How can I prevent these actions to be executed on the nvdaaddons fork?

I though about deleting them from the stable branch. But risk of
conflict when merging from the main code.

Maybe be never pushing other branch than stable to nvdaaddons, but I
would prefer to be sure no action will be launched at all

Best regards,

--
Patrick ZAJDA
Certification NVDA 2019

Patrick ZAJDA

Hi Noelia,

I checked and I have not "Settings" on the Dropbox repo.

Tried with both FireFox and Google Chrome.

Thank you for the setting changed for Github actions on the Fork.

And the "git reset" I will use sometimes instead of merging.

As it looks like OK for Say Product Name and version add-on inclusion, I'm going to fork it on nvdaaddons and see if I will be able to disable Github actions on this one.

Best regards.

Le 29/07/2021 à 18:29, Noelia Ruiz a écrit :

[...]

Hi again,

It is OK for the just forked repository, I was able to disable actions.

Looks like there is something different for the Dropbox repository.

Best regards,

Patrick

Le 01/08/2021 à 11:28, Patrick ZAJDA a écrit :

[...]

OK, I think you sent Say Product Name and version 5 days ago and the
add-on has been properly reviewed by Cyrille. The topic has 7 messages
and seems none has any other feedback.
So I'll see your pr in addonFiles later to approve it. I try to wait a
week or so when someone sends a review, but this is an approximation.
My goal is not to release/review add-ons very fast, so that more
feedback can be provided and more reviewers can be involved, and more
people can be familiarized with processes. So I'll take a look in a
few hours.
Please create an issue in mr config repo to get the add-on registered
in the translations system if you want.
Kind regards