A tool for creating in Python available for NVDA GUI

Oleksandr Gryshchenko

Hi Sylwester,

As Luke mentioned earlier, you can use wxPython.
This is the cross-platform GUI toolkit for the Python language:
https://www.wxpython.org/

There are many similar modules in Python, but unfortunately I don't have experience using others yet and I don't know anything about their accessability.
As for wxPython, it is fully accessable and there are many examples of its use in the internet.

To write the code you can use any text editor that is convenient for you.

Good luck to you!
Oleksandr

Sylwek Piekarski

I'm sorry, I wrote badly.
I would like to write a program in Python with an interface available for NVDA.
For example, a program with a drop-down menu and dialog boxes.
This is to be a separate program, but to use by NVDA.
What component in Python I can use that such windows are available?
How to do it? Can I write such a program in a notebook, do I need to use some environment for creating software?
If I need to use the software creation environment, which I can use to be available for NVDA?
Thank you for your help.

Greetings.
Sylwek

W dniu 02.05.2021 o 04:55, Cuong Dang Manh pisze:

Hi Sylwek
NVDA itself support to create GUIs such as dialog box. Please tell us what you want to do. Right now I think that we just write code, and use build-in function provided in NVDA add-on documentation to create GUI.
Cuong

Đặng Mạnh Cường
Chuyên viên công nghệ trợ giúp
Trung tâm hướng nghiệp và công nghệ trợ giúp cho người mù Sao Mai
52/22 Huỳnh Thiện Lộc, P. Hòa Thạnh, Q. Tân Phú, TP. HCM
Điện thoại: 028-7302-4488
E-mail: tech@saomaicenter.org
Website: http://www.trungtamsaomai.org; http://www.saomaicenter.org
Điện thoại di động / Zalo: 0902-572-300
E-mail:  dangmanhcuong@gmail.com; cuong@saomaicenter.org
Skype: dangmanhcuong
Twitter: ManhCuongTech

On 5/1/2021 5:15 PM, Sylwek Piekarski wrote:

    Hello

I Looking for Python tools in which you can create available for NVDA GUI
Thank you for advice

greetings

Sylwester

Luke Davis

I'm not perfectly sure what you are looking for here, but if you want something you can use to write code in, Notepad++, at https://notepad-plus-plus.org
Is a very good option.

There is an NVDA add-on for that at https://files.derekriemer.com/NotepadPlusPlus-2019.09.0.nvda-addon
You should definitely use that add-on.

NVDA has a built in Python console that you can use to test code, and a scratchpad option in the advanced settings, if you want to play with code file plugins.

If you are actually looking for GUI tools, look to the gui module in the NVDA source, and also learn WX basics.

Luke