Is the Braille with keyboard PC input add-on still being supported #addonrequest

Khalid Anwar

 Good morning, I'm new to the group and just noticed this Braille input with keyboard PC add-on.
 The release notes say that it's compatible with NVDA 2019.2, but I was wondering if it's compatible with the latest version of the NVDA as well, and is it still under development.
 The reason I ask is because I was wondering if  certain  features could be added to it to make it more like a braille display, so  that, for example, pressing space with dots one and four will navigate by sentence, pressing space withdots 2 and 5 will move by word, and space with dots three and six by character.
 Also, I understand it doesn't work on all keyboards particularly laptop keyboards, as some manufacturers don't allow multiple keys to be pressed at once, did anyone know if there is a specific keyboard configuration that is not supported, or is it at the whim of the individual manufacturer?

Noelia Ruiz

Hello, the add-on is supporte, originally created by Jamie (James
Teh), from NV Access, and currently maintained by me.
As mentioned, stable version is (compatible with NVDA 2019.3 or later).
About keyboards, I think it deppends on the manufacturer. Probably the
best option is to use a NKRO keyboard, which should allow to press a
wide range of key combinations.
If you want to report any feedback or request features for this
add-on, to facilitate track changes, please create (or comment) a new
issue at
https://github.com/nvdaes/pcKbBrl/

You can see a template for this in the issue tracker.

Thanks

https://addons.nvda-project.org/addons/pcKeyboardBrailleInput.en.html

[...]

Hi again, as aside, with the add-on installed, we can go to NVDA's
menu, Input gestures dialog, and enable the add-on to press space plus
the corresponding dot to add emulated gestures, for example, we can
assign the command to emulate down arrow, which can be found in the
input gestures dialog, to space + dot 4 pressing the keystroke from
our standard keyboard after enabling PC keyboard input by pressing
NVDA+0.
Please don't esitate to ask if you need more help to add these
commands yourself in NVDA, in addition of the option to create an
issue to request features like this to be included in the add-on.

<nrm1977=gmail.com@groups.io>:

[...]

Hi, I have released a new version of this add-on for testing, with
assigned commands to move the system cursor used in braille keyboard
(space+dot 1 for up arrow, space+4 for next line, etc), as requested
in your created issue:
https://github.com/nvdaes/pcKbBrl/issues/4

Also, this version includes an option to speak single dots typed in
one hand mode, suggested months ago by people from spanish community.
I want to release this add-on to celebrate NVDACon 2020, thanking the
work made by NVDACon team and other members of community to make
possible this event. Hope I can join at least the keynote and, if
needed and possible, I may send some questions via email, since I
cannot speak at 2 or 3 AM in my timezzone (smile).
Please download and test the add-on at

https://github.com/nvdaes/pcKbBrl/releases/download/2020.2-dev/pcKbBrl-2020.2-dev.nvda-addon

<nrm1977=gmail.com@groups.io>:
[...]

Thank you so much for taking my feedback into account, and acting on it so quickly.

I hope that Braille users will enjoy the new gestures that have been added, and I really think that at least for some users, they would no longer need for Braille keyboard so they can just use the Braille line or display for text.

Khalid Anwar
Please call 07497613820 or email AnwarKhalid850@...

<nrm1977@...>:
[...]

Thanks for your kind words. Please feel to provide feedback and hope
you enjoy it.

Please call 07497613820 or email AnwarKhalid850@gmail.com