Topics

Regarding the addon for enhancing MS Word

Cristina Ebetiuc

Hello!

Could one of you provide me the link of the word enhancing addon? I really can’t find it.

Thanks

Gesendet von Mail für Windows 10

CARLOS-ESTEBAN

Hello!
What addon for Microsoft Word?
This Addon is from Paul, a french developer:
Regards

Carlos Esteban Martínez Macías.
Músico (pianista) y también ayuda a usuarios con discapacidad visual en el
uso de lectores de pantalla y tecnología.

Musicien (pianist) and also help to users with a visual disability in the use of screen readers and technology.
Certified expert in screen reader NVDA.

El jue., 23 de jul. de 2020 a la(s) 07:43, Cristina Ebetiuc (ebetiucristina@...) escribió:

Hello!

Could one of you provide me the link of the word enhancing addon? I really can’t find it.

Thanks

Gesendet von Mail für Windows 10

Cristina Ebetiuc

Thanks. That is the one I was Looking for. 😉

Gesendet von Mail für Windows 10

This Addon is from Paul, a french developer:

Regards

Carlos Esteban Martínez Macías.

Músico (pianista) y también ayuda a usuarios con discapacidad visual en el

uso de lectores de pantalla y tecnología.

Musicien (pianist) and also help to users with a visual disability in the use of screen readers and technology.

Certified expert in screen reader NVDA.

El jue., 23 de jul. de 2020 a la(s) 07:43, Cristina Ebetiuc (ebetiucristina@...) escribió:

Hello!

Could one of you provide me the link of the word enhancing addon? I really can’t find it.

Thanks

Gesendet von Mail für Windows 10

Brian's Mail list account

I was under the impression that most of the functionality of word add ons was now in nvda to start with?
Brian

bglists@...
briang1@..., putting 'Brian Gaff'

https://www.nvda-fr.org/r?p=wordaccessenhan
Regards

Carlos Esteban Martínez Macías.
Músico (pianista) y también ayuda a usuarios con discapacidad visual en el
uso de lectores de pantalla y tecnología.

Musicien (pianist) and also help to users with a visual disability in the use of screen readers and technology.
Certified expert in screen reader NVDA.

El jue., 23 de jul. de 2020 a la(s) 07:43, Cristina Ebetiuc (ebetiucristina@...) escribió:
Hello!
Could one of you provide me the link of the word enhancing addon? I really can’t find it.
Thanks

Gesendet von Mail für Windows 10

Cristina Ebetiuc

Hey Brian!

Do you mean that future Versions of NVDA will implement These Features?

(ebetiucristina@...) escribió:

Hello!

Could one of you provide me the link of the word enhancing addon? I really

can’t find it.

Thanks

Gesendet von Mail für Windows 10

Eh? The add-on might not be necessary as NVDA includes improved support for Word already (there is an ongoing research project to improve NVDA’s responsiveness in Word).

Cheers,

Jsoeph

(ebetiucristina@...) escribió:

Hello!

Could one of you provide me the link of the word enhancing addon? I really

can’t find it.

Thanks

Gesendet von Mail für Windows 10

bering.p

Hi.
Tthe years go by and the answer is always the same.
Is an add-on really necessary?
If it did, NVDA is doing its job very poorly.
In general, add-ons are rarely needed but can provide additional services to those already provided by NVDA.
In any case, people who use this add-on find it very useful no matter what you think.
Sorry for my bad English.

Best regards.
Paul.

Hi,

(ebetiucristina@...) escribió:

Hello!

Could one of you provide me the link of the word enhancing addon? I really

can’t find it.

Thanks

Gesendet von Mail für Windows 10

Cyrille

Hello

@Joseph

Where can we find information regarding the project to improve responsiveness in Word? Any Github issue link?

I was just thinking at it today and tested again. Unfortunately, NVDA is clearly less responsive than Jaws when reading a text line by line in Word or Outlook.

Cheers,

Cyrille

(ebetiucristina@...) escribió:

Hello!

Could one of you provide me the link of the word enhancing addon? I really

can’t find it.

Thanks

Gesendet von Mail für Windows 10

At the moment it isn’t really a concrete thing (if it was, it would have been a part of alpha snapshots), as research is ongoing.

(ebetiucristina@...) escribió:

Hello!

Could one of you provide me the link of the word enhancing addon? I really

can’t find it.

Thanks

Gesendet von Mail für Windows 10

Cristina Ebetiuc

Hi

What is a snapshot?

(ebetiucristina@...) escribió:

Hello!

Could one of you provide me the link of the word enhancing addon? I really

can’t find it.

Thanks

Gesendet von Mail für Windows 10

Typically when we talk about snapshots, we refer to development versions of a software, including NVDA development builds and add-on development version releases.

(ebetiucristina@...) escribió:

Hello!

Could one of you provide me the link of the word enhancing addon? I really

can’t find it.

Thanks

Gesendet von Mail für Windows 10

Ralf Kefferpuetz

Hello,

The last responsive version of NVDA in Outlook was 2018.4.1. I just tested it with portable versions. From then on it became worse from release to release.  The speed difference from 2018.4.1 to 2020.1 is like day and night.

At the moment I really don’t recommend anybody to use NVDA and Outlook in a professional manner.

Navigating in complex emails is extremely slow and read to end in those complex mails takes you hours, such slow.

If I had to rely on newest NVDA I would not be able to do my job in time, since I’m focussed on MS Office products like Excel, Outlook and word.

I wish I could help to improve this.

Regards,

  Ralf