Topics

Translation of the addon description in manifest

Javi Domínguez

Hello all.

What do I need to do to translate the addon description correctly in the manifest? Some translators have sent me a manifest.ini file with sumary and description translated into their language. I put it in locale / XX but when I package the addon with scons an english manifest.ini is generated, from buildvars.py, which crushes the translated one. What am I doing wrong?

Thanks.

Javi Dominguez

José Manuel Delicado Alcolea

Hi Javi.

Scons generates translated manifest.ini files translating the strings from buildVars.py. To do so, the translated strings must be in the locale/XX/LC_MESSAGES/nvda.po file. You can run scons pot to generate a template, and send it to your translators. Once you receive the resulting po file, place it in the corresponding language folder and run scons. The translated manifests will be generated for your add-on.

Regards.

--

José Manuel Delicado Alcolea
Administrador y editor en la web nvda.es

Logo NVDA Certified Expert