Topics

bme2 nvda addon: 2020.04.4 is here

Iván Novegil

Hi.

Download link is still broken... Gianluca, could you take a look on it? Maybe you've forgotten of pushing the file? On the packages folder there isn't any file named simply 2020.04.4, but 2020.04.4_ReleaseCandidate and 2020.04.4_pre-release.

Regards.

Iván Novegil Cancelas
Editor
ivan.novegil@...

NVDA.es Logo
- www.NVDA.es
- @nvda_es

Usuario do NVDA en galego

***Esta mensaxe e/ou os seus adxuntos están dirixidos ao seu destinatario e poden conter información privilexiada ou confidencial. A utilización, copia ou divulgación dos mesmos por parte de alguén diferente do destinatario mencionado non están permitidas sen autorización. Se recibiu esta mensaxe por erro pregámoslle o comunique por esta mesma vía e a destrúa.***

O 15/05/2020 á(s) 0:38, DaVid escribiu:

Hi!

The link available in the readme, provided to download the packaged
addon, is not working. It says file not found.

I suggest you to use the releases feature of github, you can get the
direct link of the latest release. Currently you have releasess, but
only the source code can be downloaded there.
You could even use automatic process of appveyor if you want.

Regards,
DaVid.

Noelia Ruiz

Hi:

GitHub workflows are yaml files located in a subfolder named
.github/workflows inside a repo, for example, in your bme repo. There
we can instruct Github platform to perform taskss automatically when
certain events are triggered, for instance when we make a git push or
pull request, etc. Each workflow is a yaml file (with yml or yaml
extension using yaml syntax). We can place one or more workflows in a
repo, and each workflow can contain one or more jobs. A job is a
sequence or one or more steps. Each job runs in a separate machine and
they can run summultaneously, but we can make them to be performed
sequentially if a job needs a previous job to work correctly. This is
a minimal background. I wrote an introductory tutorial with examples
applied to add-ons at
https://github.com/nvdaaddons/nvdaaddons.github.io/wiki/GitHubActions

Mesar and me worked experimenting and creating functional workflows
for add-ons at
https://github.com/nvdaaddons/l10nTest/tree/master/.github/workflows

Releases are a GitHub feature based on tags, but they aren't just
tags. GitHub allows to upload assets to releases, for example an
.nvda-addon file. Then GitHub knows about this file and we can use
GitHub api to do things like finding out the id of releases published
for an add-on or counting the number of downloads. I did this at
https://nvdaaddons.github.io/
You can use the form included on this page or clone the repo to explore it.
Also, you can explore help.github.com for more info.
Let us know if you want more clarifications.

Yes please let me know this way. It seems very interesting, but I never used
or learned about it.
Thanks

Thanks and sorry, I didnt realise about the broken link. Sincerely I thought
about suggesting to use GithUb releases feature, but I refused to say it
trying to respect the way used by the author, but I agree and think it would
be better. Also Github Actions can be used very easily, and may be easier
than appveyor since they just require to use certain files in the github
repo without setting an external service. @gianluca, please let us know if
you want us to provide more info about Appveyor or GitHub Actions.
Cheers
Enviado desde mi iPhone

El 15 may 2020, a las 0:38, DaVid <dhf360@...> escribió:

Hi!

The link available in the readme, provided to download the packaged
addon, is not working. It says file not found.

I suggest you to use the releases feature of github, you can get the
direct link of the latest release. Currently you have releasess, but
only the source code can be downloaded there.
You could even use automatic process of appveyor if you want.

Regards,
DaVid.

Gianluca Casalino

[...]

DaVid

Hi!

The link available in the readme, provided to download the packaged
addon, is not working. It says file not found.

I suggest you to use the releases feature of github, you can get the
direct link of the latest release. Currently you have releasess, but
only the source code can be downloaded there.
You could even use automatic process of appveyor if you want.

Regards,
DaVid.

Noelia Ruiz

Seems the link is not here, but you provided it for the previous
release candidate:
https://github.com/GianGythub/bme2Nvda/
If needed, I may translate the description in case it is not posted in
the international website.
Thanks

at this link you can find my repository.
In the package folder you can find the .nvda-addon file. The last is named
with the release number 2020.04.4.nvda-addon.
In the readme file you can find a detailed description and the direct link
for download.
I hope this helps.
regards