De : nvda-addons@nvda-addons.groups.io <nvda-addons@nvda-addons.groups.io> De la part de Noelia Ruiz
Envoyé : lundi 10 février 2020 21:10
À : nvda-addons@nvda-addons.groups.io
Objet : Re: [nvda-addons] Release: Outlook Extended 1.5-dev-20200209

Hi Cyrille, I have updated the link for the dev version as requested.
Please check it.

<nrm1977=gmail.com@groups.io>:
Hi Cyrille, OK, I will perform a last check and will post the link
provided by you in addonFiles to be published on the website.
About tuples, OK, I will use tuples when they aren't mutable, as done
in NVDA, but it's not important.
About pull requests, I think that this list is good for general
feedback, announcements, reporting bugs and so on for people who don't
have a GitHub account and discussion about particular things to know
if they are really bugs or not, before opening an issue.
Generally I make pull requests in my personal repo, even when none is
going to review it, for reference and give the chance of a review.
pcKbBrl is not in the add-ons organization, and for this reason I
asked you to review in my personal repo.
I think that really, when one is familiarized with GitHub, it's easier
to perform reviews there. For example I have mentioned a full stop,
but on GitHub I may commented the specific line and even suggest you
the right change, that you may apply.
Anyway for now it's not needed.
Going to home now and will post your add-on. If you have any questions
before, let me know.

<cyrille.bougot2=laposte.net@groups.io>:
Hi Noelia

Thanks for your feedback.
I have updated the readme to fix missing full stop as welle as other
grammar or typo errors. I have also added the change for version 1.5
in change log.
I did not generate another test release since only the readme has
been modified,so you can see the result on the Github repo page.

Regarding the series of items (lists or tuples), I usually use list
because I do not care so much if they are mutable or not. Also some
data series (list or tuple) may not be mutable in normal use cases
but it may be handy to have them mutable on debug purpose. In any
case, I do not think that it will change the performances since the
number of times these lists are used is small.
See this page for more information regarding list/tuples perf
benchmarking:
http://zwmiller.com/blogs/python_data_structure_speed.html
And specifically this conclusion:
"I think the conclusion here is that if you need to create millions
and millions of small python structures (like if you're importing
from a SQL database row-by-row) a tuple may actually have some
performance advantages."If you disagree with this choice, let's discuss it of course.

At least, regarding PR's, I am not so convinced to use it for now
since the process is not yet clear to me. And also because I imagine
that people read more the comments in the e-mails of this list than
comments in a PR.
Anyway
I am not totally opposed to this. If you have further comments, I may
open a PR so that you comment there. Just let me know what kind of PR
I should
do:
should I do CyrilleB79/OutlookExtended/master ->
nvdaaddons/OutlookExtended/master?
This is different from the PR's you opened since we are on a dev version.
For PcKbBrl review, the dev version was already reviewed informally
on the list), and I just had to make a last check, as well as
confirming that no other problem had arisen meanwhile.

Cheers,

Cyrille

----- Mail d'origine -----De: Noelia Ruiz <nrm1977@...>&Agrave;:
nvda-addons@...&eacute;: Mon, 10 Feb 2020
06:46:10
+0100 (CET)Objet: Re: [nvda-addons] Release: Outlook Extended
1.5-dev-20200209

Hi Cyrille, i have reviewed diffs locally.If you (and others) are
comfortable using pull requests, it maybefaster to make suggestions.
We can post the add-on on the website.Anyway, I have seen that after
the word "again" in readme there is nota full stop (dot .), but it
appears after other similar items. Also, Isee several lists in the
code and I am not sure if they can bereplaced by tuples or if you use
list since they are mutable.Now I will go to job. Not sure if other
admins are available.Otherwise I can post the add-on after job.I
don't know if we should grant access again to add-on files to
peoplenow, since I don't know if they will be used in the workflow
and maybeextra work, and I don't know if after that access should be
removedagain. I would like to ask Mesar, and in the meantime we
admins cantake charge of this.Admins are owners, that is, Joseph as
the main owner, creator of theorganization, Mesar and me.Cheers

Groups.Io<cyrille.bougot2=laposte.net@groups.io>:> Hello>>>> Here is
a new release for Outlook Extended.>> This release contains 2
bugfixes for NVDA
2019.3 compatibility:>> * Fixes error in information bar reading> *
Fixes table navigation in address book results>>>> Direct download
link:>>
https://github.com/CyrilleB79/outlookExtended/releases/download/V1.5-
dev-202> 00209/outlookExtended-1.5-dev-20200209.nvda-addon>>>>
@admins:>> Please update the download link on the website (get.php).
Thanks.>>>> Cheers,>>>>
Cyrille>>>>> >>

Noelia Ruiz

<cyrille.bougot2@...>:
> Hello
>

> Here is a new release for Outlook Extended.
>
> This release contains 2 bugfixes for NVDA 2019.3 compatibility:
>
> * Fixes error in information bar reading
> * Fixes table navigation in address book results
>

> Direct download link:
>
> https://github.com/CyrilleB79/outlookExtended/releases/download/V1.5-dev-202
> 00209/outlookExtended-1.5-dev-20200209.nvda-addon
>

> @admins:
>
> Please update the download link on the website (get.php). Thanks.
>

> Cheers,
>

> Cyrille

Noelia Ruiz