Topics

Addon for chess players Fen Reader updated with NVDA 2019.3 support.

Javi Domínguez

Hello.

I've just updated this addon. It is now compatible with NVDA 2019.3.

https://github.com/javidominguez/FenReader/releases/download/1.0.2/fenReader-1.0.2.nvda-addon

I copy the readme file for those who don't know it:

This addon translates a chess game position from FEN code to human friendly description.
Forsyth-Edwards Notation (FEN) is a standard notation for describing a particular board position of a chess game.

Usage:

• Select text with a valid FEN code
• Press NVDA+Control+F8 to read description
• Press NVDA+Shift+F8 to read description and copy it to clipboard
• Press NVDA+Control+Shift+F8 to change notation language
Note about notation languages: English notation is standard and usually used in all languages, but local notation language is also used sometimes. I've set english notation by default and I've added other languages optionally

For example, the code for this position in the game Alexandrov - Eroshev (Vladimir, 1985:

[FEN="r4k1r/1p1b1nR1/p3qp1p/3pp3/7P/2NB2Q1/PPP2P2/1K4R1 w - - 0 1"]

give as output:

White King at B1.
White Queen at G3.
White rooks at G1 and G7.
White bishop at D3.
White knight at C3.
White powns at A2, B2, C2, F2 and H4.
Black King at F8.
Black Queen at E6.
Black rooks at A8 and H8.
Black bishop at D7.
Black knight at F7.
Black powns at A6, B7, D5, E5, F6 and H6.

White plays

Greetings.

Javi Dominguez