Topics

Audio Themes 6.0-beta2 #addontesting #addon

Musharraf

Hello NVDA Community,

Today I'm releasing the second, and hopefully the last, beta of the sixth release of the Audio Themes Add-on for NVDA, Audio Themes v6.0b2.

Changes from v6.0b1
• The add-on docs have been rewritten for clarity and ease of use
• When editing or creating audio themes, the active audio theme will be temporarily muted.
• Several bug fixes

Users are encouraged to test this release and report any issues as soon as possible.
Add-on reviewers are asked to offer their final remarks.
After carefully weighing the costs and benefits, I've decided to go with the new name of the add-on. Henceforth, this add-on is called "audiothemes" from now onward.

As the saying goes, unless critical issues were found, this release will be identical to the final release of the Audio Themes Add-on.

Get the second beta of the Audio Themes Add-on from this URL:
https://github.com/mush42/Audio-Themes-NVDA-Add-on/releases/download/v6.0b2/audiothemes-6.0b2.nvda-addon

Sincerely,
Musharraf Omer

Hi,

In order to prepare for wider distribution, I’ll create an emergency release of Add-on Updater that’ll check for the renamed add-on.

[...]

Kevin Cussick

I just downloaded and it seems to have deleted all my already themes! it was hard adding then as each time I added one now and again nvda just crashed. and now I will have to add then again I did go into the settings of audio themes and default is the only sound package.

On 12/12/2019 21:26, Musharraf wrote:
[...]

Hi, well OK so it deleted all my sound themes! But congratulations You have squashed the bug of nvda crashing almost every time I added a new theme. it all works as it should thanks for You work.

[...]

Brian's Mail list account

Maybe it needs a routine to spot existing themes and thus not delete them. I imagine this is an initialisation function when first installed.
Either that or the themes have been made different in some way, so the old ones no longer will work.
Brian

bglists@...
briang1@..., putting 'Brian Gaff'

[...]

No, the old ones still work but got deleted. but installed over again and all working very well.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Kevin Cussick via Groups.Io" <the.big.white.shepherd=googlemail.com@groups.io>
[...]

Noelia Ruiz

Hello:

I'm testing and performing superfast review of important files, not exhaustive.
These are my comments:

- In NVDA+tab command, I think you may clarify in the documentation
that, if users assing a different gesture, the command will work in
the standard way (just NVDA+tab will play the sound corresponding to
system focus).
Also, if you want, instead a list you could use a tuple to stora
browser apps like Opera or IE and so on.