Some problems in MS Office 2 - #addonrequest

adriani.botez@...

Here it comes, part II

MS Excel:

  • When I press = to start a function and then navigate with arrow keys to select the cells I need, NVDA says just the coordinates but not the content. When I select many cells, NVDA stops reporting any coordinates. Same issue can be noticed in other screen readers as well. In really huge tables like I’m using every day at work is impossible to know the area by hard. It wuld be amazing if NVDA would also report the content of the cells when selecting cells for a function instead of typing them manually
  • Macro buttons are not reported in document or object view. But in screen view they can be accessed if their position is known. Unfortunately this is not always the case. A new shortcut in browse mode for macro actions would really help
  • When reading diagrams in excel, would it be possible to combine speech with sounds to geb a faster and better understanding of the diagram?
  • A function where NVDA understands that for example row 4 and column a are titles would help alot in huge tables. It should report them everytime during navigation through cells after activating row x and column y as title
  • When switching to print layout, it would help alot to know where the borders to the next page are located (for example page 1 ends at a24-h24
  • Browse mode works very slow in MS Office in general, especially in big documents.

adriani.botez@...

Dear all, dear developers,

I wonder if there is any discussion on these issues? Will there be any improvements?

The issue which concerns the row and column titles seems to work when the excel sheet is not protected. But how to solve the problem when the sheet is protected and you cannot change formating? Are there any internal NVDA possibilities to define row and column title in protected sheets?

Thank you for your suggestions.

Best
Adriani

adriani.botez@...

Here are the other issues some friends of mine and I encountered in MS Excel: