Topics

Enhanced Phonetic Reading add-on #testrequest

DaVid

Hi all.

I received a suggestion from Luke Davis, that some users requested in
another list. So I changed the name of the older delayed character
descriptions to Enhanced Phonetic Reading.
Now the user can enable character descriptions when review text by
characters. The delayed character descriptions feature is the same as
the older add-on.

Get the latest release here:
https://davidacm.github.io/getlatest/gh/davidacm/EnhancedPhoneticReading

Regards,
DaVid.

DaVid

I forgot to mention. Please uninstall the older delayed character
descriptions add-on.
Since this add-on is in alpha version, I didn't add validation
routines for the older add-on.

Regards, DaVid.

Hi all.

I received a suggestion from Luke Davis, that some users requested in
another list. So I changed the name of the older delayed character
descriptions to Enhanced Phonetic Reading.
Now the user can enable character descriptions when review text by
characters. The delayed character descriptions feature is the same as
the older add-on.

Get the latest release here:
https://davidacm.github.io/getlatest/gh/davidacm/EnhancedPhoneticReading

Regards,
DaVid.

Cyrille

Hello David

Download link is not working...

Cyrille

DaVid

You need to download it from a browser with javascript enabled.
This is a github page on my repos. Its just a script I wrote to get
the latest release. When you open this link, redirects you to the link
of the latest release.
I did it to make things easier for me. So, I don't need to get the
link each time I draft a release or update the readme with the new
download link.

Let me know what browser are you using?
I need to know if this script is not compatible with some environments.

Regards,
David.

<cyrille.bougot2=laposte.net@groups.io>:

Hello David

Download link is not working...

Cyrille

I received a suggestion from Luke Davis, that some users requested in
another list. So I changed the name of the older delayed character
descriptions to Enhanced Phonetic Reading.
Now the user can enable character descriptions when review text by
characters. The delayed character descriptions feature is the same as the
older add-on.

Get the latest release here:
https://davidacm.github.io/getlatest/gh/davidacm/EnhancedPhoneticReading

Regards,
DaVid.

Luke Davis

DaVid

There is a bit of a UX issue here.

If you turn on Instant Character Descriptions, then read a character when Delayed Character Descriptions is already on, the description will be spoken twice.
Turning on Instant mode should temporarily deactivate Delayed mode if it was on.

DaVid

Mmm. I can't reproduce your issue.
I already set a condition to disable delayed descriptions if instant
descriptions are enabled.
Did you uninstall the older delayed character Descriptions add-on?

Author: Debug Helper NVDA add-on
(https://addons.nvda-project.org/addons/debugHelper.en.html)

Luke Davis

I'm sorry, you're right. I thought I had removed it on this version of NVDA, but it was on one of my other portable installations.

My fault.

Luke

Author: Debug Helper NVDA add-on
(https://addons.nvda-project.org/addons/debugHelper.en.html)

Cyrille

Hello
It is working now. I do not know why it did not work, probably a problem on my side.
I will let you know if the issue occurs again.
Cyrille
<cyrille.bougot2@...>:
> Hello David
>
> Download link is not working...
>
> Cyrille

=?ISO-2022-JP?Q?=1B$B9b=4082=22=1B=28J?=

Hello DaVid,

Would you add Delayed descriptions to input characters?
This is helpful for us to choose correct character in Chinese input.
Thank you very much!

I received a suggestion from Luke Davis, that some users requested in
another list. So I changed the name of the older delayed character
descriptions to Enhanced Phonetic Reading.
Now the user can enable character descriptions when review text by
characters. The delayed character descriptions feature is the same as the
older add-on.

Get the latest release here:
https://davidacm.github.io/getlatest/gh/davidacm/EnhancedPhoneticReading

Regards,
DaVid.

Ibrahim Hamadeh

Hello
I tried it in notepad and it worked well
but while trying to use it in thunderbird while reading a message it
did not work
for information, I am using NVDA 2019.2 on windows7
and this is the log I got:
IO - inputCore.InputManager.executeGesture (21:23:29.474):
Input: kb(laptop):rightArrow
IO - speech._speakSpellingGen (21:23:29.520):
Speaking character u'h'
DEBUGWARNING - synthDrivers.sapi4.SynthDriver.speak (21:23:29.522):
Unsupported speech command: LangChangeCommand ('en')
DEBUG - queueHandler.registerGeneratorObject (21:23:29.532):
Adding generator 4
DEBUG - queueHandler.pumpAll (21:23:29.539):
generator 4 finished
ERROR - stderr (21:23:30.533):
Exception in thread Thread-9:
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "threading.pyo", line 801, in __bootstrap_inner
File "threading.pyo", line 1073, in run
File
"C:\Users\ibrahim\AppData\Roaming\nvda\addons\EnhancedPhoneticReading\globalPlugins\enhancedPhoneticReading.py",
line 60, in speakDescription
File "characterProcessing.pyo", line 117, in getCharacterDescription
File "characterProcessing.pyo", line 38, in fetchLocaleData
TypeError: argument of type 'NoneType' is not iterable
ibrahim.

On 24-Sep-19 11:32 AM, DaVid wrote:
Hi all.

I received a suggestion from Luke Davis, that some users requested in
another list. So I changed the name of the older delayed character
descriptions to Enhanced Phonetic Reading.
Now the user can enable character descriptions when review text by
characters. The delayed character descriptions feature is the same as
the older add-on.

Get the latest release here:
https://davidacm.github.io/getlatest/gh/davidacm/EnhancedPhoneticReading

Regards,
DaVid.

.

DaVid

Hi. Can you test if the NVDA's command for character descriptions
works when this happen? Twice numpad 2 or twice nvda + coma. The
second command I don't know if is correct, because I updated NVDA's
laptop gestures. I hate the original NVDA's laptop distribution.

Can you do a small change in the code?

If you can, replace the line 63 with this:
curLanguage= field.field.get('language', curLanguage) or curLanguage

Don't delete tab indentation, just the code.

If not, I can send to you this fix to test.

[...]

Hi again, I'm just installed thunderbird and tried your case, issue found.
My line fix it, so I will draft a new release with your report fixed.

Thanks! :)

[...]

Hello DaVid
First the NVDA commands for character description was working yes when
that happend, I mean at first test
But luckly when changed the code
replacing the line you refered to with the other
the addon worked perfectly in thunderbird without problems
good work
thanks
ibrahim.

On 26-Sep-19 11:40 PM, DaVid wrote:
[...]

Thanks for your report. I fix it and released a new version,
0.5a2,should be available to download if appVeyor worked correctly.
hehe.
[...]

OK, working well now
thank you.
ibrahim.