NordVPN Addon #addonrequest

Jesse Farquharson

Hello all.
I have been a NordVPN user for some time now. On iOS it works great. On Windows, however... not so much. Buttons are not labeled or spoken at all in most cases, making the UI generally difficult to deal with. I was wondering if anyone would be willing, or able to tackle this.
Thanks.

Jesse Farquharson

I have tried to go to support but there seems to be a breakdown in communication somewhere. I'm not sure if I'm not explaining what I mean clearly enough or if they just aren't following. Otherwise they have been very helpful and polite.

James Scholes

The NordVPN client should definitely be more accessible, but in the meantime you can download OpenVPN GUI. NordVPN make their server configuration files available in OpenVPN format, so you don't need to use the NordVPN client at all.

On 07/09/2019 at 8:03 pm, Jesse Farquharson wrote:
Hello all.
I have been a NordVPN user for some time now. On iOS it works great. On Windows, however... not so much. Buttons are not labeled or spoken at all in most cases, making the UI generally difficult to deal with. I was wondering if anyone would be willing, or able to tackle this.
Thanks.

Jaffar Sidek

Hi Jesse.  I too use Norde vpn on a daily basis.  You are right about the windows app for Norde vpn, it is totally inaccesible.  However, i resorted to using Open vpn on windows instead.  All you have to do is go to your account, choose your favorite server, then choose the .ovpn file that will allow you to access your server.  Just put the .ovpn file in the config directory of your open vpn program and conecct with your login details.  Cheers!

On 9/8/2019 3:03 AM, Jesse Farquharson wrote:
Hello all.
I have been a NordVPN user for some time now. On iOS it works great. On Windows, however... not so much. Buttons are not labeled or spoken at all in most cases, making the UI generally difficult to deal with. I was wondering if anyone would be willing, or able to tackle this.
Thanks.

I have used nord vpn and in windows I have never found it accessible.

Saying that if you read my archived drama on win10, I have a scewed part on tech support and so it turns out so do a few friends I mentioned this to.

If its easy enough to solve, they can and are generally helpfull.

But if say for example you have a problem and you think you know what it is, they will boilerplate a script at your face.

An example I had of good support.

I have an issue with office, they would go what is it and then put me to someone that could handle things.

In my last case,.

me, I have an issue with an update that I just installed number is such and such.

Responce, you have a corrupted user profile.

Me, but if I uninstall this update and or restore the system, then it goes away.

Hay remote on my system and I will show you.

Them, your system is not updating, your system has an updating issue, you want to use an older windows version, you have a corrupt profile, you need to repair windows, lets do a bunch of things that are not related and now confuse the user so he/she just decides as I did that a reformat will fix my now corrupted system only to find 2 days later that not only was he right but that support never intended to listen to him and it was a disability service.

Now I have only had 2 bad cases.

But anything new or obscure, and thats with any support previder, and its probably going beyond their basic set of instructions.

Now a good support person would level it up to someone that would have access.

I had an issue with a program I used flashfxp, it was in a smaller company though not a b ig one.

Support couldn't handle it, so it kept going up, eventually the lead developer answered it, and he couldn't handle it, but then he updated things and then things did work.

I have had various issues with isps, get the issue to complex and they will choak.

Interestingly, the same can't be said for computer/smart phone manufacturers I havn't hit the choakpoint for apple or hp, or some of the outsourced centres but maybe I havn't been obscure enough.

Of course, if you have an idea and keep it up long enough then maybe you get success maybe not.

On 8/09/2019 7:11 am, Jesse Farquharson wrote:
I have tried to go to support but there seems to be a breakdown in communication somewhere. I'm not sure if I'm not explaining what I mean clearly enough or if they just aren't following. Otherwise they have been very helpful and polite.

Mike

Thanks for this James. I also use Nord, but I use it with object nav.  I'll give this a try.

Mike.

On 9/7/2019 1:32 PM, James Scholes wrote:
The NordVPN client should definitely be more accessible, but in the meantime you can download OpenVPN GUI.  NordVPN make their server configuration files available in OpenVPN format, so you don't need to use the NordVPN client at all.

On 07/09/2019 at 8:03 pm, Jesse Farquharson wrote:
Hello all.
I have been a NordVPN user for some time now. On iOS it works great. On Windows, however... not so much. Buttons are not labeled or spoken at all in most cases, making the UI generally difficult to deal with. I was wondering if anyone would be willing, or able to tackle this.
Thanks.

Akash Kakkar

Hey Jaffar,

Which type of Nord VPN subscription you are using?

Is it annual one?

Some days back, I was trying to find out any lifetime subscription to that but got no success.

Are you aware about any lifetime subscription of Nord VPN?

Also, do you have any experience with Ivacy VPN?

[...]

There is no lifetime subscription. You can pay monthly, for a one year, two year, or three year plan. The three year plan is currently on sale, but I believe we're starting to get off track here. :-)

On 9/8/2019 1:22 AM, Akash Kakkar wrote:

[...]

Hi.  I subscribed for a 3 year plan, but I don't know if the offer is still on.  and, no, I haven't tried ivacy pvn.  I will go take a look.  Cheers!