Topics

beep keyboard 1.2 stable version. #addonrequestreview

DaVid

Hi. Some months ago I sent this add-on for reviewing. It passed the reviews.
I haven't had report issues since so I declared it as stable add-on.
This add-on doesn't have changes, but would fe useful to thest it with
NVDA 2019.3.

About the add-on:
This add-on allows the user to configure NVDA to beeps with some
keyboard events.

This add-on provides the following features you can use to adapt NVDA
keyboard behavior:
• Beep for uppercases when caps lock is on: if this feature is
enabled, NVDA will beep when you typing an uppercase and caps lock is
on. Don't make any more uppercase mistakes!
• Beep for typed characters when shift is pressed: with this feature
NVDA will beep if you type a character with shift key pressed.
• Beep for toggle keys changes: with this feature, NVDA will beep
higher if a toggle key goes on, and lower tone if it goes off. Please
note that Windows has a toggle keis beep function built-in on Ease of
Access Center. This native feature works well if you don't use laptop
keyboard layout setting.
• Announce toggle keys changes: just when "Beep for toggle keys
changes" is on. You can enable or disable NVDA to announce toggle key
status.
• Beep for specified characters: NVDA will beep for all characters
that you set in advanced settings.
• Disable beeping on password fields: this feature is enabled by
default to aboid security risks. Disable it if you want to hear beeps
on password fields.

Requirements
You need NVDA 2018.3 or later.
Link to the latest release:
https://github.com/david-acm/beepKeyboard/releases/download/1.2/beepKeyboard-1.2.nvda-addon

Regards,
DaVid.

Luke Davis

On Thu, 1 Aug 2019, DaVid wrote:

This add-on provides the following features you can use to adapt NVDA
keyboard behavior:
• Beep for uppercases when caps lock is on: if this feature is
enabled, NVDA will beep when you typing an uppercase and caps lock is
on. Don't make any more uppercase mistakes!
Just to clarify: does that mean that when capslock is on, and you press shift and a letter, it will beep?
Or does it mean that when capslock is on: all letters, which are then uppercase because of capslock, will beep?

If the first thing (beeps when capslock is on and you press shift with a letter): how is that different than the built-in feature "Beep if typing lowercase letters if capslock is on" under keyboard settings?

Luke

DaVid

The second option. It will beep for letters you typed. I will update
the readme to correct this.

Regards,
DaVid.