Topics

Synth settings ring selector add-on. #addonrequestreview

DaVid

I, today I created this add-on. NVDA have many settings in the synth
settings ring, I think. I usually use three of them only. Rate, volume
and voice so I disabled all others for my personal use.
By default all settings enabled in the synthDriverHandler are enabled.
So I decided to solve it with an add-on. This add-on allows the user
to select which settings should appear on the synth settings ring.
See readme for more info
It is compatible with NVDA 2019.2 or later, older versions aren't
supported yet. You have to use beta channel, since 2019.2 has'nt been
released yet.
I don't know if this add-on will be useful for the users, I will
support older versions if this add-on becomes popular.
https://github.com/david-acm/synthRingSettingsSelector/

Regards,
DaVid.

Paulina Gajoch

Hello,

This Addon is very great. But I have one issue. I think, that It will be better if the settings are the default ones, currently everything is turned on after installing this plugin.

Greetings,
Paulina
W dniu 26.05.2019 o 00:12, DaVid pisze:

I, today I created this add-on. NVDA have many settings in the synth
settings ring, I think. I usually use three of them only. Rate, volume
and voice so I disabled all others for my personal use.
By default all settings enabled in the synthDriverHandler are enabled.
So I decided to solve it with an add-on. This add-on allows the user
to select which settings should appear on the synth settings ring.
See readme for more info
It is compatible with NVDA 2019.2 or later, older versions aren't
supported yet. You have to use beta channel, since 2019.2 has'nt been
released yet.
I don't know if this add-on will be useful for the users, I will
support older versions if this add-on becomes popular.
https://github.com/david-acm/synthRingSettingsSelector/

Regards,
DaVid.

Ján Kulik

Hi David, I'd rather wait if the add-on is up to date, I have NVDA 2019.1, so I don't dare test it

Ralf Kefferpuetz

Hello,

My review is as following:
• License and copyright: pass