Topics

AddonsHelp 2.0-Dev #addonrequestreview

Rui Fontes

Hello!

Released the version 2.0-Dev of this addon.

Major changes:
• Created one more option in the menu to display a table, called "List of commands for running add-ons", containing the commands for each running add-on.
• The add-ons are now represented by their summary and not by their name.
• Only the running add-ons are grouped in the menu.
• Some improvements in the code.

Code available in:
https://github.com/ruifontes/addonsHelp

Direct download:
https://github.com/ruifontes/addonsHelp/releases/download/2.0/addonsHelp-2.0-dev.nvda-addon

Again, thanks to everybody that have helped in this project, specially Abdel, Ângelo Abrantes, James Scholes and others...

Best regards,

Rui Fontes
NVDA portuguese team
Tiflotecnia, Lda.

abdellah zineddine

Hi Rui Fontes,
After the installation, the addon is not displayed in the help menu.

Sorry for my bad english.

thank you again.

Zineddine

Released the version 2.0-Dev of this addon.

Major changes:
• Created one more option in the menu to display a table, called "List of commands for running add-ons", containing the commands for each running add-on.
• The add-ons are now represented by their summary and not by their name.
• Only the running add-ons are grouped in the menu.
• Some improvements in the code.

Code available in:
https://github.com/ruifontes/addonsHelp

Direct download:
https://github.com/ruifontes/addonsHelp/releases/download/2.0/addonsHelp-2.0-dev.nvda-addon

Again, thanks to everybody that have helped in this project, specially Abdel, Ângelo Abrantes, James Scholes and others...

Best regards,

Rui Fontes
NVDA portuguese team
Tiflotecnia, Lda.

Rui,
Congratulations for this add-on!
However, last version, which is this one, apparently isn't working.
That is, I installed the new version, but the help menu isn't showing up along with the other options in the NVDA help section. :(

Cheers,
Marcio AKA Starboy

Sent from a galaxy far, far away.

Follow or add me on Facebook

Em 26/04/2019 20:52, Rui Fontes disse:

Hello!

Released the version 2.0-Dev of this addon.

Major changes:
??? Created one more option in the menu to display a table, called "List of commands for running add-ons", containing the commands for each running add-on.
??? The add-ons are now represented by their summary and not by their name.
??? Only the running add-ons are grouped in the menu.
??? Some improvements in the code.

Code available in:
https://github.com/ruifontes/addonsHelp

Direct download:
https://github.com/ruifontes/addonsHelp/releases/download/2.0/addonsHelp-2.0-dev.nvda-addon

Again, thanks to everybody that have helped in this project, specially Abdel, ??ngelo Abrantes, James Scholes and others...

Best regards,

Rui Fontes
NVDA portuguese team
Tiflotecnia, Lda.

Noelia Ruiz

Hi, here is relevant info from NVDA's log:

ERROR - globalPluginHandler.listPlugins (05:26:17.151):
Error importing global plugin addonsHelp
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "globalPluginHandler.pyc", line 22, in listPlugins
File "C:\Users\User\AppData\Roaming\nvda\addons\addonsHelp\globalPlugins\addonsHelp\__init__.py", line 99
addonSum = [addon.manifest['summary'] for addon in addonHandler.getAvailableAddons() if addon.manifest['name'] == addonName][]

^
SyntaxError: invalid syntax

Follow or add me on Facebook <https://facebook.com/coolbutpsycho>
[...]

Locutor Antonio Cezar

here, I have the same problem. After installing the new version, I no longer have access to Add-On on the help menu ... Thanks.

Please, sign our petition in the link below, share with your friends, and collaborate with us! In favor of Functional Braille on Android!

https://secure.avaaz.org/en/petition/Google_Inc_Talkback_Development_Team_Google_Disability_Support_Team_PRECISAMOS_DO_BRAILLE_NO_ANDROID_TAMBEM/

marcio via Groups.Io escreveu:

[...]

Hi Rui and all,

I just made a git dif on the module addon/globalPlugins/addonsHelp/__init__.py to see the differences between the version I sent recently on the list and the one with your changes, I find the following:

- addonSum = [addon.manifest['summary'] for addon in addonHandler.getAvailableAddons() if addon.manifest['name'] == addonName][0] + addonSum = [addon.manifest['summary'] for addon in addonHandler.getAvailableAddons() if addon.manifest['name'] == addonName][]

    You just have to correct this by putting the [0] rather than [] at the end of the instruction.

Thanks.

Kind regards,
Abdel.

Le 27/04/2019 à 06:00, Locutor Antonio Cezar a écrit :

[...]

Hi, also, I would like to remember that you can use just addon.name instead of addon.manifest["name"], since name is a property of the addonHandler.Addon class.
This can be checked opening the Python console and typing

import addonHandler
dir(addonHandler.Addon)

Comments are appreciated.

Thanks

El 27/04/2019 a las 8:28, Abdel escribió:
[...]

Chris

Well I don’t know whats happened in this release but I have no nvda menu entries at all

[...]

Hi Noelia, Chris and all,

@Noelia:

You're right, the name property of the addon object is much simpler.

Here is the even more simplified instruction that Rui could use to list the summaries of each add-ons:

addonSum = [addon.manifest['summary'] for addon in addonHandler.getAvailableAddons() if addon.name == addonName][0]

@Chris:

In fact, I explained in my previous email, why this malfunction happened, a statement modified by Rui must be corrected.

Thanks.

Kind regards,
Abdel.

Le 27/04/2019 à 10:23, Chris via Groups.Io a écrit :

[...]

Sorry to all!
That error was already detected and corrected, but it seems I made the upload of the wrong file!

Now the correct file is already loaded...

Thanks and best regards!

Às 10:31 de 27/04/2019, Abdel escreveu:

[...]

Abdel, that change will be looked in version 2.1... or 2.0 stable...

Rui Fontes

[...]

As we are still at the development version, you can make this change on version 2.0-dev and wait for all tests to be done before declaring version 2.0 stable.

Thanks.

Kind regards,
Abdel.

Le 27/04/2019 à 15:08, Rui Fontes a écrit :
[...]

Yes. Now everything works as expected... Thank you.

Rui Fontes escreveu:

[...]

Again, congratulations for this add-on!
And now it's just working like a charm! :)

Cheers,
Marcio AKA Starboy

Sent from a galaxy far, far away.

Follow or add me on Facebook

Em 27/04/2019 10:07, Rui Fontes disse:

[...]

Le 27/04/2019 ?? 10:23, Chris via Groups.Io a ??crit??:

[...]

derek riemer

Great work!

--
Derek Riemer
•    Accessibility enthusiast.

Derek, do you care to do the review to be published?

Best regards,

Rui Fontes
NVDA portuguese team
Tiflotecnia, Lda.

Às 04:42 de 28/04/2019, derek riemer escreveu:

Great work!

<http://addon.name> == addonName][0]

[...]

وفيق طاهر

error:
Help
Running add-ons documentation
Add-ons commands

ERROR - unhandled exception (20:36:21.907):
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "C:\Users\wafyEZ\AppData\Roaming\nvda\addons\addonsHelp\globalPlugins\addonsHelp\__init__.py", line 43, in <lambda>
  File "C:\Users\wafyEZ\AppData\Roaming\nvda\addons\addonsHelp\globalPlugins\addonsHelp\__init__.py", line 152, in onOpenDoc
  File "C:\Users\wafyEZ\AppData\Roaming\nvda\addons\addonsHelp\globalPlugins\addonsHelp\__init__.py", line 115, in updateAddonDic
IndexError: list index out of range

Rui Fontes

That was an error on the first version published, due to upload of the wrong file...

Please, download the new stable version.

Best regards,

Rui Fontes

Às 19:45 de 28/04/2019, وفيق طاهر escreveu:

error:
Help
Running add-ons documentation
Add-ons commands
ERROR - unhandled exception (20:36:21.907):
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "C:\Users\wafyEZ\AppData\Roaming\nvda\addons\addonsHelp\globalPlugins\addonsHelp\__init__.py", line 43, in <lambda>
  File "C:\Users\wafyEZ\AppData\Roaming\nvda\addons\addonsHelp\globalPlugins\addonsHelp\__init__.py", line 152, in onOpenDoc
  File "C:\Users\wafyEZ\AppData\Roaming\nvda\addons\addonsHelp\globalPlugins\addonsHelp\__init__.py", line 115, in updateAddonDic
IndexError: list index out of range

وفيق طاهر

The same error
version : 2.0
ERROR - unhandled exception (00:05:47.451):
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "C:\Users\wafyEZ\AppData\Roaming\nvda\addons\addonsHelp\globalPlugins\addonsHelp\__init__.py", line 43, in <lambda>
  File "C:\Users\wafyEZ\AppData\Roaming\nvda\addons\addonsHelp\globalPlugins\addonsHelp\__init__.py", line 152, in onOpenDoc
  File "C:\Users\wafyEZ\AppData\Roaming\nvda\addons\addonsHelp\globalPlugins\addonsHelp\__init__.py", line 115, in updateAddonDic
IndexError: list index out of range

James Scholes

I haven't yet had time to work out why this particular error is happening, but I do have a point to raise about these lines of code:

# We check the presence of the "addons" directory in the path.
if "addons" in pth:
# There is no longer any doubt, it's an add-on.

Except there is doubt, because you have no idea whether the path contains the substring 'addons' elsewhere (i.e. before the NVDA-specific parts of the path). For example, this check will deliver a false positive if:

1. the word "addons" appears in the user's Windows username or application data path; or
2. The word "addons" appears in the path to a portable copy of NVDA, e.g.: F:\NVDA and Addons\nvda\userConfig\...

Granted, the second is much more likely, but in either case the add-on is broken.