Topics

different pitch and speed for the keyboard then the general voice

Isaac <bigikemusic@...>

Hi, is there a way to set the typing keyboard to super fast.
Thanks

Hi,
I didn't get your idea. Would you mind trying and explaining it again?
Everything that deals with typing always catch my attention :)

Cheers,
Marcio AKA Starboy
Follow or add me on Facebook

Em 15/04/2019 05:49, Isaac disse:

Hi, is there a way to set the typing keyboard to super fast.
Thanks

Isaac <bigikemusic@...>

Yes, when I type a key I want speed at 100 percent and pitch about at a 10 percent

I didn't get your idea. Would you mind trying and explaining it again?
Everything that deals with typing always catch my attention :)

Cheers,
Marcio AKA Starboy
Follow or add me on Facebook

Em 15/04/2019 05:49, Isaac disse:
Hi, is there a way to set the typing keyboard to super fast.
Thanks

Brian's Mail list account

So you want to find a way to increase response times and cut the time each character takes to say, but you do not want this in the rest of the screenreader?
I don't actually see why, nor do I believe it can be done given the way the speech is handled by the synth. Obviously if you want some apps to have different settings that is one thing, but this will apply to input and output speaking.

Can you give a usage case for this effect? If you can hear the characters fast then set it to fast everywhere, if its merely read all that you want slow then use the profiles.
Brian

bglists@blueyonder.co.uk

Yes, when I type a key I want speed at 100 percent and pitch about at a 10 percent
I didn't get your idea. Would you mind trying and explaining it again?
Everything that deals with typing always catch my attention :)

Cheers,
Marcio
AKA Starboy

Follow or add me on Facebook

Em 15/04/2019 05:49, Isaac disse:

Hi, is there a way to set the typing keyboard to super fast.
Thanks

Ralf Kefferpuetz

That would be a nice feature, Window-Eyes had that and I loved it. My keyboard voice speed was always at 99%, but we can’t do that with NVDA by default.

Cheers,

  Ralf

Yes, when I type a key I want speed at 100 percent and pitch about at a 10 percent

I didn't get your idea. Would you mind trying and explaining it again?
Everything that deals with typing always catch my attention :)

Cheers,
Marcio

AKA Starboy

Follow or add me on Facebook

Em 15/04/2019 05:49, Isaac disse:

Hi, is there a way to set the typing keyboard to super fast.

Thanks

Larry Wang

This feature may require speech refactor to implement. Or you have to store old pitch and restore them in event_typedCharacher

On 2019/4/15 17:26, Ralf Kefferpuetz wrote:

That would be a nice feature, Window-Eyes had that and I loved it. My keyboard voice speed was always at 99%, but we can’t do that with NVDA by default.

Cheers,

  Ralf

Yes, when I type a key I want speed at 100 percent and pitch about at a 10 percent

I didn't get your idea. Would you mind trying and explaining it again?
Everything that deals with typing always catch my attention :)

Cheers,
Marcio

AKA Starboy

Follow or add me on Facebook

Em 15/04/2019 05:49, Isaac disse:

Hi, is there a way to set the typing keyboard to super fast.

Thanks

Maybe we could do it with an add-on?
If anyone is willing to develop a "proof of concept", it would be pretty good for a start :)

Cheers,
Marcio AKA Starboy
Follow or add me on Facebook

Em 15/04/2019 06:26, Ralf Kefferpuetz disse:

That would be a nice feature, Window-Eyes had that and I loved it. My keyboard voice speed was always at 99%, but we can’t do that with NVDA by default.

Cheers,

  Ralf

Yes, when I type a key I want speed at 100 percent and pitch about at a 10 percent

I didn't get your idea. Would you mind trying and explaining it again?
Everything that deals with typing always catch my attention :)

Cheers,
Marcio

AKA Starboy

Follow or add me on Facebook

Em 15/04/2019 05:49, Isaac disse:

Hi, is there a way to set the typing keyboard to super fast.

Thanks

Robert Hänggi

That's quite an interesting idea.

I use "typed words" because the slow letters irritate me.
Although this option has its weaknesses too, as it speaks initial
characters (e.g. in an edit field) and it doesn't take cursor
movements into account - it just waits for a space to speak the
jumbled result.

Robert

Follow or add me on Facebook <https://facebook.com/coolbutpsycho>;