Topics

VLC 2.5dev pre-release #testing

Javi Domínguez

Hello.

This is a develope version. Includes support for edit boxes. It is functional, but still unstable. So, you can try it, I think it won't break anything important, the worst thing to lose the caret and write shuffled words.

Download
https://github.com/javidominguez/VLC/releases/download/2.5dev/VLC-2.5dev.nvda-addon

Greetings

Javi Dominguez

Noelia Ruiz

Hello, would you like to post a stable and a dev version on the website? We can use two links as done with other add-ons.

Enviado desde mi iPhone

El 28 jun 2018, a las 5:00, Javi Domínguez <fjavids@...> escribió:

Hello.

This is a develope version. Includes support for edit boxes. It is functional, but still unstable. So, you can try it, I think it won't break anything important, the worst thing to lose the caret and write shuffled words.

Download
https://github.com/javidominguez/VLC/releases/download/2.5dev/VLC-2.5dev.nvda-addon

Greetings

Javi Dominguez

Noelia Ruiz

Hello, now I can read text typed in the edit box for searching in a playlist. This is great.
I've reviewed diffs between my local master branch and master on GitHub.
I'm using the dev version.
When you want, we'll post stable or stable and dev versions on the website, and can merge stable changes for the translation system.

El 28/06/2018 a las 5:25, Noelia Ruiz escribió:
Hello, would you like to post a stable and a dev version on the website? We can use two links as done with other add-ons.
Enviado desde mi iPhone

Hello.

Download

Greetings

Javi Dominguez

Javi Domínguez

Hola

I would put stable 2.4 and 2.5 dev. 2.5 works well but there are still details that I would like to improve.

I want to do more tests to make sure that it doesn't lose the cursor as much as possible. Also, the localization with character sets of other languages can be complicated.

Greetings

Javi

El 28/06/2018 a las 8:34, Noelia Ruiz escribió:
Hello, now I can read text typed in the edit box for searching in a playlist. This is great.
When you want, we'll post stable or stable and dev versions on the website, and can merge stable changes for the translation system.

Enviado desde mi iPhone

Hello.

Download

Greetings

Javi Dominguez

Noelia Ruiz

OK, then I will post both versions and try to merge 2.4 into the stable branch for the translations system.

Greetings

El 28/06/2018 a las 13:06, Javi Domínguez escribió:
Hola
I would put stable 2.4 and 2.5 dev. 2.5 works well but there are still details that I would like to improve.
I want to do more tests to make sure that it doesn't lose the cursor as much as possible. Also, the localization with character sets of other languages can be complicated.
Greetings
Javi

Enviado desde mi iPhone

Hello.

Download

Greetings

Javi Dominguez

Noelia Ruiz

Hello, the readme has a link to the last release, but not the direct link to the add-on. Could we use a direct link? I will post two direct links on the website changing the readme appropiately.

Thanks

El 28/06/2018 a las 13:18, Noelia Ruiz escribió:
OK, then I will post both versions and try to merge 2.4 into the stable branch for the translations system.
Greetings
Hola

Greetings

Javi

Enviado desde mi iPhone

Hello.

Download

Greetings

Javi Dominguez

Noelia Ruiz

Also, could we merge the provided translations in the stable version?
I will fork the add-on and create a PR, or please add the Bitbucket repo as a remote and merge the updated translations into master, so all is always synchronized
There are 22 folders added for translations which don't appear in master branch.
If you don't merge this today, I will do tomorrow.

Thanks

Greetings
Hola

Greetings

Javi

Enviado desde mi iPhone

Hello.

Download

Greetings

Javi Dominguez

Javi Domínguez

Yes, of course. Make changes that you consider appropriate.

Greetings

El 28/06/2018 a las 13:39, Noelia Ruiz escribió:
Hello, the readme has a link to the last release, but not the direct link to the add-on. Could we use a direct link? I will post two direct links on the website changing the readme appropiately.

Thanks

Greetings

Hola

Greetings

Javi

Enviado desde mi iPhone

Hello.

Download

Greetings

Javi Dominguez

Javi Domínguez

Hello.

Excuseme but when you talk to me of Bitbucket or translations system I don't understand very well if you're asking me to do something, is that I don't know anything about. I learned Git to share my work but I know just the basics.

Also my englis it is quite precarious.

It would be nice to use the work done in translations from oldest versions.

Could you take care of that, please?

Thanks.

Javi Dominguez

El 28/06/2018 a las 13:46, Noelia Ruiz escribió:
I will fork the add-on and create a PR, or please add the Bitbucket repo as a remote and merge the updated translations into master, so all is always synchronized
There are 22 folders added for translations which don't appear in master branch.

Thanks

Greetings

Hola

Greetings

Javi

Enviado desde mi iPhone

Hello.

Download

Greetings

Javi Dominguez

Noelia Ruiz

Sorry. Translators work on add-ons using po files in a repo hosted on Assembla.
An NV Access server named Exbi takes these po files and copy them into add-ons hosted on Bitbucket. When add-ons contain new messages, via the server, they are merged into po files from Bitbucket to Assembla, that is, translations go to add-ons and translatable messages go to translators.
So unfortunately for now we need to create add-ons repos in a Bitbucket account for this, though authors host them on personal accounts at GitHub.
So I suggest you the following:
1. Move to the folder when you have the VLC add-on:
cmd
cd vlcFolder

You have cloned the add-on to this folder from GitHub, so you probably have a remote named origin with your GitHub URL.
2. Add another remote, for example:

git remote add bitbucket https://bitbucket.org/nvdaaddonteam/vlc

3. Fetch this remote to download references to objects, without changing files in your working directory:
git fetch bitbucket.
You can fetch remotes when you want, not just once.

4. Create and switch to a local branch, for example, named stable:
git checkout -b stable

5. Then you can instruct Git to track the stable branch of Bitbucket, which contains updated translations, to your local stable branch (just need to be done once):
git branch -u bitbucket/stable

6. Then, when you want, could merge the remote stable branch with translations to your local stable branch:
git pull

7. Now you can merge translations into your master branch and upload them to your GitHub repo, so that your releases contains these translations:
git checkout master
git merge stable
git push origin master

Also, you can merge master into stable:
git checkout stable
git merge master

And, if you have access to the Bitbucket repo on BitBucket, you can upload changes:
git push bitbucket stable

I don't know if you have access to VLC repo on Bitbucket. If not, I don't know if I have admin access to provide it to you. Anyway, we can push changes to Bitbucket when you want.

About spanish translations, I saw a spanish folder in stable branch. If you want to use your translations, please contact spanish translators, since I don't know how this could be managed ensuring no issues will be produced merging files manually.

I will wait for your answer before go ahead.

Thanks

El 28/06/2018 a las 23:04, Javi Domínguez escribió:
Hello.
Excuseme but when you talk to me of Bitbucket or translations system I don't understand very well if you're asking me to do something, is that I don't know anything about. I learned Git to share my work but I know just the basics.
Thanks.
Javi Dominguez

Thanks

Greetings

Hola

Greetings

Javi

Enviado desde mi iPhone

Hello.

Download

Greetings

Javi Dominguez

Javi Domínguez

Hello.

Well, that is explained with specific instructions, it seems almost easy. Thank you very much.

I have completed all the steps except upload changes to bitbucket because I don't have access to the repo.

If I understand well, next time when I have an update I must

Go to origin/stable
git checkout stable

Merge bitbucket/stable to origin/stable
git pull

Merge stable to master and master to stable
git checkout master
git merge stable
git checkout stable
git merge master

And, finally, upload changes if I had access

Is that correct?

Greetings

Javi Dominguez

El 29/06/2018 a las 5:02, Noelia Ruiz escribió:
An NV Access server named Exbi takes these po files and copy them into add-ons hosted on Bitbucket. When add-ons contain new messages, via the server, they are merged into po files from Bitbucket to Assembla, that is, translations go to add-ons and translatable messages go to translators.
So unfortunately for now we need to create add-ons repos in a Bitbucket account for this, though authors host them on personal accounts at GitHub.
cmd
cd vlcFolder

You have cloned the add-on to this folder from GitHub, so you probably have a remote named origin with your GitHub URL.

3. Fetch this remote to download references to objects, without changing files in your working directory:
git fetch bitbucket.

git checkout -b stable

5. Then you can instruct Git to track the stable branch of Bitbucket, which contains updated translations, to your local stable branch (just need to be done once):

6. Then, when you want, could merge the remote stable branch with translations to your local stable branch:
git pull

7. Now you can merge translations into your master branch and upload them to your GitHub repo, so that your releases contains these translations:
git checkout master
git merge stable
git push origin master

git checkout stable
git merge master

And, if you have access to the Bitbucket repo on BitBucket, you can upload changes:

I don't know if you have access to VLC repo on Bitbucket. If not, I don't know if I have admin access to provide it to you. Anyway, we can push changes to Bitbucket when you want.

About spanish translations, I saw a spanish folder in stable branch. If you want to use your translations, please contact spanish translators, since I don't know how this could be managed ensuring no issues will be produced merging files manually.

Thanks

Hello.

Thanks.

Javi Dominguez

Thanks

Greetings

Hola

Greetings

Javi

Enviado desde mi iPhone

Hello.

Download

Greetings

Javi Dominguez

Noelia Ruiz

Yes, this is correct.
Of course, you should merge master or topic branches into stable when your code is considered stable, for instance, you may not want to merge changes done for the pre-release into stable until you and users consider it as quite stable to be translated and released as a stable version.
You need a Bitbucket account to get access to Bitbucket. Also, it can be tricky to give access since BitBucket is not very accessible, as far as I know.
I will merge your changes for now if you want. Usually I update minor version with translatios, for instance, now I'm releasing clipContentsDesigner 8.1, which will contain just translation updates.

Greetings

El 29/06/2018 a las 11:48, Javi Domínguez escribió:
Hello.
Well, that is explained with specific instructions, it seems almost easy. Thank you very much.
I have completed all the steps except upload changes to bitbucket because I don't have access to the repo.
Go to origin/stable
git checkout stable
git pull
git checkout master
git merge stable
git checkout stable
git merge master
Is that correct?
Greetings
Javi Dominguez
cmd
cd vlcFolder

git fetch bitbucket.

git checkout -b stable

git pull

git checkout master
git merge stable
git push origin master

git checkout stable
git merge master

Thanks

Hello.

Thanks.

Javi Dominguez

Thanks

Greetings

Hola

Greetings

Javi

Enviado desde mi iPhone

Hello.

Download

Greetings

Javi Dominguez

Noelia Ruiz

Then, I will post VLC 2.4 and 2.5-dev on the website now. If minor changes in readme are required, I will do it.

El 29/06/2018 a las 12:20, Noelia Ruiz escribió:
Yes, this is correct.
Of course, you should merge master or topic branches into stable when your code is considered stable, for instance, you may not want to merge changes done for the pre-release into stable until you and users consider it as quite stable to be translated and released as a stable version.
You need a Bitbucket account to get access to Bitbucket. Also, it can be tricky to give access since BitBucket is not very accessible, as far as I know.
I will merge your changes for now if you want. Usually I update minor version with translatios, for instance, now I'm releasing clipContentsDesigner 8.1, which will contain just translation updates.
Greetings
Hello.

Go to origin/stable
git checkout stable

git pull

git checkout master
git merge stable
git checkout stable
git merge master

Is that correct?

Greetings

Javi Dominguez

cmd
cd vlcFolder

git fetch bitbucket.

git checkout -b stable

git pull

git checkout master
git merge stable
git push origin master

git checkout stable
git merge master

Thanks

Hello.

Thanks.

Javi Dominguez

Thanks

Greetings

Hola

Greetings

Javi

Enviado desde mi iPhone

Hello.

Download

Greetings

Javi Dominguez

Javi Domínguez

Hello.

A moment that I bundled.

I don't know that has happened that I now have in master the 2.5 that I had in another branch. In master was the 2.4. I wanted to keep them separate.

What I have mixed with stable is the 2.5, it should be the 2.4. 2.5 was dev.

I'm going to try to fix it.

Greetings.

Javi Dominguez

Hello.

Go to origin/stable
git checkout stable

git pull

git checkout master
git merge stable
git checkout stable
git merge master

Is that correct?

Greetings

Javi Dominguez

cmd
cd vlcFolder

git fetch bitbucket.

git checkout -b stable

git pull

git checkout master
git merge stable
git push origin master

git checkout stable
git merge master

Thanks

Hello.

Thanks.

Javi Dominguez

Thanks

Greetings

Hola

Greetings

Javi

Enviado desde mi iPhone

Hello.

Download

Greetings

Javi Dominguez

Noelia Ruiz

Hello, please check the website with VLC links.
I have moved the license announcement, so that download links and author appear at start, like in other add-ons.
Now the license appears in a list, since a star is used preceding the text, the same as the important note.
If you don't like, we can create a heading for notes and then we can put the note about old versions and the license.

Greetings

El 29/06/2018 a las 12:57, Noelia Ruiz escribió:
Then, I will post VLC 2.4 and 2.5-dev on the website now. If minor changes in readme are required, I will do it.
Yes, this is correct.

Greetings

Hello.

Go to origin/stable
git checkout stable

git pull

git checkout master
git merge stable
git checkout stable
git merge master

Is that correct?

Greetings

Javi Dominguez

cmd
cd vlcFolder

git fetch bitbucket.

git checkout -b stable

git pull

git checkout master
git merge stable
git push origin master

git checkout stable
git merge master

Thanks

Hello.

Thanks.

Javi Dominguez

Thanks

Greetings

Hola

Greetings

Javi

Enviado desde mi iPhone

Hello.

Download

Greetings

Javi Dominguez

Javi Domínguez

Just that I've done without wanting to, put the dev as stable.

I will try to go back the last changes.

Yes, this is correct.

Greetings

Hello.

Go to origin/stable
git checkout stable

git pull

git checkout master
git merge stable
git checkout stable
git merge master

Is that correct?

Greetings

Javi Dominguez

cmd
cd vlcFolder

git fetch bitbucket.

git checkout -b stable

git pull

git checkout master
git merge stable
git push origin master

git checkout stable
git merge master

Thanks

Hello.

Thanks.

Javi Dominguez

Thanks

Greetings

Hola

Greetings

Javi

Enviado desde mi iPhone

Hello.

Download

Greetings

Javi Dominguez

Noelia Ruiz

OK. This doesn't affect the link to the release, so no problem.

Thanks

El 29/06/2018 a las 13:27, Javi Domínguez escribió:
Yes, this is correct.

Greetings

Hello.

Go to origin/stable
git checkout stable

git pull

git checkout master
git merge stable
git checkout stable
git merge master

Is that correct?

Greetings

Javi Dominguez

cmd
cd vlcFolder

git fetch bitbucket.

git checkout -b stable

git pull

git checkout master
git merge stable
git push origin master

git checkout stable
git merge master

Thanks

Hello.

Thanks.

Javi Dominguez

Thanks

Greetings

Hola

Greetings

Javi

Enviado desde mi iPhone

Hello.

Download

Greetings

Javi Dominguez

Noelia Ruiz

Also, I will reset to 2.4 tag on Bitbucket, in case this affects translations.
Thanks

El 29/06/2018 a las 13:46, Noelia Ruiz escribió:
OK. This doesn't affect the link to the release, so no problem.
Thanks

Yes, this is correct.

Greetings

Hello.

Go to origin/stable
git checkout stable

git pull

git checkout master
git merge stable
git checkout stable
git merge master

Is that correct?

Greetings

Javi Dominguez

cmd
cd vlcFolder

git fetch bitbucket.

git checkout -b stable

git pull

git checkout master
git merge stable
git push origin master

git checkout stable
git merge master

Thanks

Hello.

Thanks.

Javi Dominguez

Thanks

Greetings

Hola

Greetings

Javi

Enviado desde mi iPhone

Hello.

Download

Greetings

Javi Dominguez

Javi Domínguez

Hello.

I'm not sure what I have done,
Doing git status say:
HEAD detached at origin/master

Before said
Your branch is up to date with 'origin/master'.

What means that?

Also, git branch
* (HEAD detached at origin/master)
  master
  qtEditableText
  stable

I've lost a little.

Greetings

Javi Domínguez

Yes, this is correct.

Greetings

Hello.

Go to origin/stable
git checkout stable

git pull

git checkout master
git merge stable
git checkout stable
git merge master

Is that correct?

Greetings

Javi Dominguez

cmd
cd vlcFolder

git fetch bitbucket.

git checkout -b stable

git pull

git checkout master
git merge stable
git push origin master

git checkout stable
git merge master

Thanks

Hello.

Thanks.

Javi Dominguez

Thanks

Greetings

Hola

Greetings

Javi

Enviado desde mi iPhone

Hello.

Download

Greetings

Javi Dominguez

José Manuel Delicado Alcolea

Hi Noelia.

Stable version link is still pointing to version 2.2.

Regards.

El 29/06/2018 a las 13:26, Noelia Ruiz escribió:
Hello, please check the website with VLC links.
I have moved the license announcement, so that download links and author appear at start, like in other add-ons.
Now the license appears in a list, since a star is used preceding the text, the same as the important note.
If you don't like, we can create a heading for notes and then we can put the note about old versions and the license.

Greetings

El 29/06/2018 a las 12:57, Noelia Ruiz escribió:

Yes, this is correct.

Greetings

Hello.

Go to origin/stable
git checkout stable

git pull

git checkout master
git merge stable
git checkout stable
git merge master

Is that correct?

Greetings

Javi Dominguez

cmd
cd vlcFolder

git fetch bitbucket.

git checkout -b stable

git pull

git checkout master
git merge stable
git push origin master

git checkout stable
git merge master

Thanks

Hello.

Thanks.

Javi Dominguez

Thanks

Greetings

Hola

Greetings

Javi

Enviado desde mi iPhone

Hello.

Download

Greetings

Javi Dominguez

--

José Manuel Delicado Alcolea
Administrador y editor en la web nvda.es
Twitter: @nvda_es
Certificado en el programa NVDA Expert 2017

Logo NVDA
          Certified Expert