Date   
CursorLocator add-on

Noelia Ruiz
 

Hi, this add-on was requested on the spanish mailing list.
Please review at
https://github.com/nvdaes/cursorLocator.
Cheers.

Re: CursorLocator add-on

 

Hi,
At the moment I'd like to request everyone to suspend review requests until the infrastructure is in place.
Cheers,
Joseph

-----Original Message-----
From: nvda-addons@nvda-addons.groups.io [mailto:nvda-addons@nvda-addons.groups.io] On Behalf Of Noelia Ruiz
Sent: Saturday, June 10, 2017 9:08 AM
To: nvda-addons@nvda-addons.groups.io
Subject: [nvda-addons] CursorLocator add-on

Hi, this add-on was requested on the spanish mailing list.
Please review at
https://github.com/nvdaes/cursorLocator.
Cheers.

Re: CursorLocator add-on

Noelia Ruiz
 

OK, you can tell us where to send commits, since it's a subgroup for this.
Cheers.

El 10/06/2017 a las 18:11, Joseph Lee escribió:
Hi,
At the moment I'd like to request everyone to suspend review requests until the infrastructure is in place.
Cheers,
Joseph

-----Original Message-----
From: nvda-addons@nvda-addons.groups.io [mailto:nvda-addons@nvda-addons.groups.io] On Behalf Of Noelia Ruiz
Sent: Saturday, June 10, 2017 9:08 AM
To: nvda-addons@nvda-addons.groups.io
Subject: [nvda-addons] CursorLocator add-on

Hi, this add-on was requested on the spanish mailing list.
Please review at
https://github.com/nvdaes/cursorLocator.
Cheers.




Re: CursorLocator add-on

 

Hi,
I told Bitbucket add-on files repo to send commits to the commits subgroup. I'm about to update the readme in that repo to point to new website addresses, as well as testing the new infrastructure.
Cheers,
Joseph

-----Original Message-----
From: nvda-addons@nvda-addons.groups.io [mailto:nvda-addons@nvda-addons.groups.io] On Behalf Of Noelia Ruiz
Sent: Saturday, June 10, 2017 9:13 AM
To: nvda-addons@nvda-addons.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda-addons] CursorLocator add-on

OK, you can tell us where to send commits, since it's a subgroup for this.
Cheers.


El 10/06/2017 a las 18:11, Joseph Lee escribió:
Hi,
At the moment I'd like to request everyone to suspend review requests until the infrastructure is in place.
Cheers,
Joseph

-----Original Message-----
From: nvda-addons@nvda-addons.groups.io
[mailto:nvda-addons@nvda-addons.groups.io] On Behalf Of Noelia Ruiz
Sent: Saturday, June 10, 2017 9:08 AM
To: nvda-addons@nvda-addons.groups.io
Subject: [nvda-addons] CursorLocator add-on

Hi, this add-on was requested on the spanish mailing list.
Please review at
https://github.com/nvdaes/cursorLocator.
Cheers.





First order of business: group promotion, subgroups

 

Hello all,

 

Many of us have experienced issues with the Freelists version of this group. For now, the Freelists one is in lockdown mode, with the archive kept for historical reasons.

 

First, just as I was the owner of the Freelists one, I’ll serve as the head owner of this group cluster (yes, I did say “group cluster”). The reason for calling this a group cluster is because we’ll be utilizing subgroups:

 

·         Commits: the old nvda-addons-commits mailing list from Freelists is reborn as a subgroup of this list. Subscription address is nvda-addons+commits+subscribe@groups.io.

·         Possibly one or two more, one of them reserved for reviewers.

·         Add-on authors can utilize subgroups to communicate with users, but they need to provide good justifications in order to avoid too much fragmentation. For my add-ons, I won’t use subgroups, as I use various forums to announce new versions and gather feedback.

 

Email integration: this group cluster will use email integrations to let external parties communicate messages, chiefly to be used by a future add-on update announcer (if ever implemented by NV Access).

 

Leadership team: I’ll be the head owner for now, and I’ll be inviting Jamie to join me on the owners’ offices. I’ll also ask you to propose moderators, preferably community add-ons reviewers (tentatively I have Noelia and Derek in mind).

 

Group promotion: please let add-on users subscribe to this group, and please do invite add-on authors as well.

 

Bitbucket and GitHub logistics: commits will be sent to both the old and new commits (old commits list and the commits subgroup, respectively) for a while until a full switch to GitHub takes place. For now, add-on files will send commit messages to the commits subgroup, followed by add-ons listed in the mrconfig repo such as Place Markers and others.

 

One important difference for Github followers: from now on, the commits subgroup will no longer be used to send commits for all add-ons. Instead, those who’d like to follow an add-on repo must follow the repo addresses. I could as well add GitHub integrations for all add-ons, but this requires that I pay 99 dollars every year to keep this group a premium group.

 

Thank you.

Cheers,

Joseph

Re: First order of business: group promotion, subgroups

 

Hi,

 

One important thing I forgot to add: there will be several hashtags defined for various purposes, including #AdminNotice for notices from moderators, and #AddonRelease to signify release of new add-ons or updated versions. There might be one or two more to communicate important information such as add-on advisories and incompatible changes.

Cheers,

Joseph

 

From: nvda-addons@nvda-addons.groups.io [mailto:nvda-addons@nvda-addons.groups.io] On Behalf Of Joseph Lee
Sent: Saturday, June 10, 2017 10:16 AM
To: nvda-addons@nvda-addons.groups.io
Subject: [nvda-addons] First order of business: group promotion, subgroups

 

Hello all,

 

Many of us have experienced issues with the Freelists version of this group. For now, the Freelists one is in lockdown mode, with the archive kept for historical reasons.

 

First, just as I was the owner of the Freelists one, I’ll serve as the head owner of this group cluster (yes, I did say “group cluster”). The reason for calling this a group cluster is because we’ll be utilizing subgroups:

 

·         Commits: the old nvda-addons-commits mailing list from Freelists is reborn as a subgroup of this list. Subscription address is nvda-addons+commits+subscribe@groups.io.

·         Possibly one or two more, one of them reserved for reviewers.

·         Add-on authors can utilize subgroups to communicate with users, but they need to provide good justifications in order to avoid too much fragmentation. For my add-ons, I won’t use subgroups, as I use various forums to announce new versions and gather feedback.

 

Email integration: this group cluster will use email integrations to let external parties communicate messages, chiefly to be used by a future add-on update announcer (if ever implemented by NV Access).

 

Leadership team: I’ll be the head owner for now, and I’ll be inviting Jamie to join me on the owners’ offices. I’ll also ask you to propose moderators, preferably community add-ons reviewers (tentatively I have Noelia and Derek in mind).

 

Group promotion: please let add-on users subscribe to this group, and please do invite add-on authors as well.

 

Bitbucket and GitHub logistics: commits will be sent to both the old and new commits (old commits list and the commits subgroup, respectively) for a while until a full switch to GitHub takes place. For now, add-on files will send commit messages to the commits subgroup, followed by add-ons listed in the mrconfig repo such as Place Markers and others.

 

One important difference for Github followers: from now on, the commits subgroup will no longer be used to send commits for all add-ons. Instead, those who’d like to follow an add-on repo must follow the repo addresses. I could as well add GitHub integrations for all add-ons, but this requires that I pay 99 dollars every year to keep this group a premium group.

 

Thank you.

Cheers,

Joseph

Re: First order of business: group promotion, subgroups

Noelia Ruiz
 

OK, I will forward this conversation to the spanish mailing list.
When I joined this group, I was invited to post to a wrong address.
The right is:
nvda-addons@nvda-addons.groups.io
Cheers

El 10/06/2017 a las 19:18, Joseph Lee escribió:
Hi,



One important thing I forgot to add: there will be several hashtags
defined for various purposes, including #AdminNotice for notices from
moderators, and #AddonRelease to signify release of new add-ons or
updated versions. There might be one or two more to communicate
important information such as add-on advisories and incompatible changes.

Cheers,

Joseph



*From:* nvda-addons@nvda-addons.groups.io
[mailto:nvda-addons@nvda-addons.groups.io] *On Behalf Of *Joseph Lee
*Sent:* Saturday, June 10, 2017 10:16 AM
*To:* nvda-addons@nvda-addons.groups.io
*Subject:* [nvda-addons] First order of business: group promotion, subgroups



Hello all,



Many of us have experienced issues with the Freelists version of this
group. For now, the Freelists one is in lockdown mode, with the archive
kept for historical reasons.



First, just as I was the owner of the Freelists one, I’ll serve as the
head owner of this group cluster (yes, I did say “group cluster”). The
reason for calling this a group cluster is because we’ll be utilizing
subgroups:



· Commits: the old nvda-addons-commits mailing list from
Freelists is reborn as a subgroup of this list. Subscription address is
nvda-addons+commits+subscribe@groups.io
<mailto:nvda-addons+commits+subscribe@groups.io>.

· Possibly one or two more, one of them reserved for reviewers.

· Add-on authors can utilize subgroups to communicate with
users, but they need to provide good justifications in order to avoid
too much fragmentation. For my add-ons, I won’t use subgroups, as I use
various forums to announce new versions and gather feedback.



Email integration: this group cluster will use email integrations to let
external parties communicate messages, chiefly to be used by a future
add-on update announcer (if ever implemented by NV Access).



Leadership team: I’ll be the head owner for now, and I’ll be inviting
Jamie to join me on the owners’ offices. I’ll also ask you to propose
moderators, preferably community add-ons reviewers (tentatively I have
Noelia and Derek in mind).



Group promotion: please let add-on users subscribe to this group, and
please do invite add-on authors as well.



Bitbucket and GitHub logistics: commits will be sent to both the old and
new commits (old commits list and the commits subgroup, respectively)
for a while until a full switch to GitHub takes place. For now, add-on
files will send commit messages to the commits subgroup, followed by
add-ons listed in the mrconfig repo such as Place Markers and others.



One important difference for Github followers: from now on, the commits
subgroup will no longer be used to send commits for all add-ons.
Instead, those who’d like to follow an add-on repo must follow the repo
addresses. I could as well add GitHub integrations for all add-ons, but
this requires that I pay 99 dollars every year to keep this group a
premium group.



Thank you.

Cheers,

Joseph

Re: First order of business: group promotion, subgroups

 

Hi,
Also, in the old days, when commits were sent, you can reply and send your post to the add-ons list. This will no longer apply here: if commits are sent to the commits subgroup, please do NOT reply to it, as it'll go nowhere and will be sent to the commits subgroup only. If you do need to ask folks to test new add-on snapshots, please let the parent forum know, using #AddonTesting hashtag 9if possible).
Cheers,
Joseph

-----Original Message-----
From: nvda-addons@nvda-addons.groups.io [mailto:nvda-addons@nvda-addons.groups.io] On Behalf Of Noelia Ruiz
Sent: Saturday, June 10, 2017 10:25 AM
To: nvda-addons@nvda-addons.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda-addons] First order of business: group promotion, subgroups

OK, I will forward this conversation to the spanish mailing list.
When I joined this group, I was invited to post to a wrong address.
The right is:
nvda-addons@nvda-addons.groups.io
Cheers


El 10/06/2017 a las 19:18, Joseph Lee escribió:
Hi,



One important thing I forgot to add: there will be several hashtags
defined for various purposes, including #AdminNotice for notices from
moderators, and #AddonRelease to signify release of new add-ons or
updated versions. There might be one or two more to communicate
important information such as add-on advisories and incompatible changes.

Cheers,

Joseph



*From:* nvda-addons@nvda-addons.groups.io
[mailto:nvda-addons@nvda-addons.groups.io] *On Behalf Of *Joseph Lee
*Sent:* Saturday, June 10, 2017 10:16 AM
*To:* nvda-addons@nvda-addons.groups.io
*Subject:* [nvda-addons] First order of business: group promotion,
subgroups



Hello all,



Many of us have experienced issues with the Freelists version of this
group. For now, the Freelists one is in lockdown mode, with the
archive kept for historical reasons.



First, just as I was the owner of the Freelists one, I’ll serve as the
head owner of this group cluster (yes, I did say “group cluster”). The
reason for calling this a group cluster is because we’ll be utilizing
subgroups:



· Commits: the old nvda-addons-commits mailing list from
Freelists is reborn as a subgroup of this list. Subscription address
is
nvda-addons+commits+subscribe@groups.io
<mailto:nvda-addons+commits+subscribe@groups.io>.

· Possibly one or two more, one of them reserved for reviewers.

· Add-on authors can utilize subgroups to communicate with
users, but they need to provide good justifications in order to avoid
too much fragmentation. For my add-ons, I won’t use subgroups, as I
use various forums to announce new versions and gather feedback.



Email integration: this group cluster will use email integrations to
let external parties communicate messages, chiefly to be used by a
future add-on update announcer (if ever implemented by NV Access).



Leadership team: I’ll be the head owner for now, and I’ll be inviting
Jamie to join me on the owners’ offices. I’ll also ask you to propose
moderators, preferably community add-ons reviewers (tentatively I have
Noelia and Derek in mind).



Group promotion: please let add-on users subscribe to this group, and
please do invite add-on authors as well.



Bitbucket and GitHub logistics: commits will be sent to both the old
and new commits (old commits list and the commits subgroup,
respectively) for a while until a full switch to GitHub takes place.
For now, add-on files will send commit messages to the commits
subgroup, followed by add-ons listed in the mrconfig repo such as Place Markers and others.



One important difference for Github followers: from now on, the
commits subgroup will no longer be used to send commits for all add-ons.
Instead, those who’d like to follow an add-on repo must follow the
repo addresses. I could as well add GitHub integrations for all
add-ons, but this requires that I pay 99 dollars every year to keep
this group a premium group.



Thank you.

Cheers,

Joseph

Moderators proposal

Noelia Ruiz
 

I would like to suggest a moderator since he contributes with concise and useful answers.
I suggest James Scholes
Cheers.

Important: archive of old nvda-addons forum from Freelists is about to join this forum #AdminNotice

 

Ladies and gentlemen,

 

I’m happy to announce that the archive of the now deprecated nvda-addons list from Freelists is about to join this forum. I have managed to obtain the forum archive and asked Groups.IO staff to merge the archives.

 

Thanks.

Cheers,

Joseph

test.

 

this is a test. if you get then 1 person reply.

test

M.R.
 

Hello!

This is a test.

Marat

Re: test

David Moore
 

You are coming through loud and clear!

I am glad we are on Groups.io now!

David Moore

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

 

From: M.R.
Sent: Sunday, June 11, 2017 12:20 AM
To: nvda-addons@nvda-addons.groups.io
Subject: [nvda-addons] test

 

Hello!

 

This is a test.

 

Marat

 

 

 

Re: Important: archive of old nvda-addons forum from Freelists is about to join this forum #AdminNotice

Noelia Ruiz
 

Thanks. I prefer Groups.io since more options to mute threads are available from the web and the interface seems more comfortable.
I see 62 members. Perhaps this could be announced on the Community announcements section of the website.
Cheers.

El 10/06/2017 a las 22:41, Joseph Lee escribió:
Ladies and gentlemen,



I’m happy to announce that the archive of the now deprecated nvda-addons
list from Freelists is about to join this forum. I have managed to
obtain the forum archive and asked Groups.IO staff to merge the archives.



Thanks.

Cheers,

Joseph

Re: test

Dejan Ristic
 

Let me say that this works great!


On 6/11/2017 6:30 AM, David Moore wrote:

You are coming through loud and clear!

I am glad we are on Groups.io now!

David Moore

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

 

From: M.R.
Sent: Sunday, June 11, 2017 12:20 AM
To: nvda-addons@nvda-addons.groups.io
Subject: [nvda-addons] test

 

Hello!

 

This is a test.

 

Marat

 

 

 



Virus-free. www.avast.com

Community add-ons Registry database created

 

Ladies and gentlemen,

 

In order to keep track of community add-ons added to our add-ons website and to utilize Groups.IO’s database feature, I have created a database named “nvdaaddons”. This table records intenral add-on ID/name, friendly name, author, description, latest version and notes if any. At the moment members of this list can view this table, with editing restricted to owners and add-on reviewers (moderators). In the coming days, I’ll add info about existing add-ons posted on our add-ons website.

 

Cheers,

Joseph

Re: Community add-ons Registry database created

Noelia Ruiz
 

Thanks. I think that also could be added the dev version if any, and the notes could be used for instance if an issue is opened requesting this feature for the core.
Cheers.

El 12/06/2017 a las 4:35, Joseph Lee escribió:
Ladies and gentlemen,



In order to keep track of community add-ons added to our add-ons website
and to utilize Groups.IO’s database feature, I have created a database
named “nvdaaddons”. This table records intenral add-on ID/name, friendly
name, author, description, latest version and notes if any. At the
moment members of this list can view this table, with editing restricted
to owners and add-on reviewers (moderators). In the coming days, I’ll
add info about existing add-ons posted on our add-ons website.



Cheers,

Joseph

Enhanced Aria 1.3 marked as stable

jmdaweb@...
 

Hi all.
The latest commit was made 18 days ago, and noone have reported problems, so I have decided to release the stable version for this addon.
Regards.
 

Re: Enhanced Aria 1.3 marked as stable

 

Hi,

It’ll go live in about an hour from now.

For archive watchers: I’ll be adding #AddonRelease hashtag next week.

Cheers,

Joseph

 

From: nvda-addons@nvda-addons.groups.io [mailto:nvda-addons@nvda-addons.groups.io] On Behalf Of José Manuel Delicado Alcolea via Groups.Io
Sent: Tuesday, June 13, 2017 10:05 AM
To: nvda-addons@nvda-addons.groups.io
Subject: [nvda-addons] Enhanced Aria 1.3 marked as stable

 

Hi all.

The latest commit was made 18 days ago, and noone have reported problems, so I have decided to release the stable version for this addon.

Regards.

 

Back to Clipspeak again

Dejan Ristic
 

Hi,


After installing the latest version of the Clipspeak add-on, I face the following bug:


When I cut a file and/or folder from folder X to folder Y, it sometimes happens that the paste action fails. I must press CTRL plus V two or three times to perform the paste action. The output pronounciation of the clipboard actions is correct.


When the add-on is suspended, I encounter no issues.


If Damien wishes me to send him some debugging information, I will gladly do it for him. He's welcome to mail me back so that I may know what to do.