To: <nvda-addons@nvda-addons.groups.io>
Sent: Wednesday, October 23, 2019 10:54 PM
Subject: Re: [nvda-addons] Golden Cursor 3.8, SystrayList 3.7, important notes about these add-ons #AddonRelease

Usually if one pops, I download the addon first then update nvda second.
On 23/10/2019 11:17 pm, Brian's Mail list account via Groups.Io wrote:
Hi one little issue which needs sorting in either add on updater or nvda itself is what happens when an nvda update and add on update both flag together.
This morning being unaware of the add on update, I was asked to download the latest nvda alpha.
I did this, then instead of the install dialogue I got an add on update prompt, I was so busy deselecting extended winamp, since for some reason it thinks version 1.1 is later than 1.2, that I let it update the two other addone in this thread.
However I'd have expected, after the restart or maybe even before it, that it would have flagged about a downloaded snap and asked if I wanted to use it. It did neither, in fact it vanished as far as nvda was concerned and I had to manually go in and look for an update, whereupon it downloaded it again and then al went well.
I just wondered what the suggested behaviour might be in such situations?
Brian
bglists@blueyonder.co.uk
----- Original Message ----- From: "Joseph Lee" <joseph.lee22590@gmail.com>