Re: Addons reliance on GitHub

Luke Davis

Regarding your add-ons:

I don't know anything about BGT games, but it seems possible people might want or be using that add-on if it is operational.

I don't know what you modified in the Winamp one, but fyi the original author for that add-on seems to be updating it again, so you might want to take that into consideration.

As for clipspeak: I and others have forked it. It remains to be seen if anyone will be able to make an updated version, although I intend to at least try.
Even if you don't want to be involved with that, the download link that the NVDA Community site uses for the original version, is via your old sykesman github handle. It redirects to the package release under your current github handle, so if you're going to delete the repository, the add-on team will need to host the current version for you.

Luke

On Thu, 17 Oct 2019, Damien Garwood wrote:

Does anyone, or anything, need me to keep my NVDA addons on GitHub? I was just about to delete them when it dawned on me that other people might be working from them, although I've seen five forks so looks like most people have got their own copies to work from. Just want to checkthough.
Cheers.
Damien.