Re: Translations system failing for debugHelper add-on Fwd: Cron <nvdal10n@exbi> cd ${PathToMrRepo}/addons/debugHelper && chronic mr addon2svn && chronic mr svn2addon

Luke Davis

For the record, the only time I did a force push, was when you first created the repo. It was the only way it would let me fast-forward the stable branch you created, as I told you in the email I sent on August 31st.

So if it will not update the stable branch from the local stable branch without forcing a push the first time, what is the recommended procedure?

Maybe that doesn't happen often? I'm not sure why it happened this time, but somehow the stable you created was based on a different version of the master that I had in the github repo.
(At least, that's what "can't fast-forward" usually means.)

Luke

On Thu, 5 Sep 2019, Noelia Ruiz wrote:

I have received two emails from Exbi server.
Here is a piece of the first one (not this). For people whose add-ons are registered in the translations system, after seeing this, I strongly recommend trying to avoid forzing updates to the Bitbucket repo, for example with git push.
I will try to fix and check this in the server so that this doesn't break functionality in the translations system.
@Luke, please take care in case something needs to be modified in the readme after my changes.
Cheers

***

mr update: /home/nvdal10n/mr/addons/debugHelper
From bitbucket.org:nvdaaddonteam/debugHelper
+ 86e6ab3...91aedb4 stable -> origin/stable (forced update)
Auto-merging readme.md
CONFLICT (content): Merge conflict in readme.md
Automatic merge failed; fix conflicts and then commit the result.