Re: Re : [nvda-addons] Debug Helper 1.0: new stable add-on released #addonrelease

Luke Davis

Hi Cyrille

Thank you, I will definitely look at incorporating some or all of these!
Particularly, as you say, I can already think of times I could have used debugTool, so I really like the idea of bringing that in.

I'll be in touch off list next week.

Luke

On Fri, 23 Aug 2019, Cyrille via Groups.Io wrote:

Hello Luke
I have some scripts that I use for debug purpose. All these scripts are in the following repo :
https://github.com/CyrilleB79/NVDAScripts
The doc for these scripts is in the readme that appears on the main page of the repo.
* debugTool : https://raw.githubusercontent.com/CyrilleB79/NVDAScripts/master/globalPlugins/debugTool.py
Allows to activate and de-activate a stack trace log each time NVDA speaks something. Useful if you want to know which function has made NVDA speak. This
script also contains instructions if you want to trigger stack trace log on an other output function ; an example with braille is commented.
* beepError : https://raw.githubusercontent.com/CyrilleB79/NVDAScripts/master/globalPlugins/beepError.py
This script activate the beep on error NVDA feature even on NVDA stable releases. Useful if you want to track bugs in environments where you do not want to
install alpha or beta version of NVDA such as work's computer, shared computer (with NVDA shared with other users...)
* windowutil: https://github.com/CyrilleB79/NVDAScripts/raw/master/globalPlugins/windowutil.py
A script to get quickly info on an object, such as name, role, value, window control ID, python class mro(), etc.
If you feel these scripts could be integrated in your addon, feel free to copy, rework and/or integrate them partially or entirely. I think that integrating
debugTool (stack trace log on speech) could be the most interesting to integrate.
If you prefer, I may also provide PR  once you have agreed on a feature. However, I do not know when I will be able to make this/these PR(s).
Cheers,
Cyrille