Re: invalid web cetainvalid site certificate or is it my browser?

Luke Davis

It is not your browser, and it is not just that page: community.nvda-project.org is using a certificate that was issued for www.nvaccess.org.

If, as Tyler said, they don't have a certificate for that domain by intention, then the https request needs to fail, not use the certificate for another domain.

Luke

On Tue, 13 Aug 2019, Jaffar Sidek wrote:

Hi.  I just went to the development wiki site:

https://community.nvda-project.org/wiki/Development

and got this invalid certificate message:

Your connection is not private
Attackers might be trying to steal your information from community.nvda-project.org(for example, passwords, messages, or credit cards). Learn more
NET::ERR_CERT_COMMON_NAME_INVALID
Help improve Safe Browsing by sending some system information and page content to Google. Privacy policysystem information and page contentPrivacy policy
Back to safety
Hide advanced
This server could not prove that it is community.nvda-project.org; its security certificate is from www.nvaccess.org. This may be caused by a misconfiguration or an attacker intercepting your connection.
Proceed to community.nvda-project.org (unsafe)

Is it my browder's fault or is it indeed the site's certification that is invalid?

Please advice.

Cheers!