Re: The Amazing Self Replicating Configuration of Developer Toolkit

Luke Davis

I suggest adding the review check anyway--it is a subtle issue.

On Sat, 3 Aug 2019, Joseph Lee wrote:

Hi,
To Andy: please define a "terminate" method in your global plugin in order
to resolve this problem.
Technical: classic "resource leak". That is, settings panel for Developer
Toolkit gets created when the global plugin is constructed (or reloaded),
but not removed when it dies. I bet this add-on isn't the only one with this
problem.
To the add-ons community: whenever you construct a GUI element when a global
plugin, an app module, or a driver is initialized, PLEASE DEFINE A
"terminate" METHOD THAT DESTROYS/REMOVES THE GUI ELEMENT! Without this, the
issue described by Luke will appear when add-ons are reloaded
(Control+NVDA+F3 or via NvDA menu/Tools/Reload plugins). If I find out more
add-ons are causing this problem, I'll send out a wider add-on directive and
will add this check to user experience part of basic review.