Re: NVDA beep when power status changes?

Luke Davis

Personally I like the idea, but it seems outside the scope of a screenreader. For that reason I think it should be an addon, not in core.

Luke

On Sat, 8 Jun 2019, DaVid wrote:

Hi, I was developing an add-on to beep when the power status changes.
But it requires to subscribe to windows message events, is not hard to
do but NVDA already does it for the same event. The function that
receives the event can't be patched, I think. So I need to copy all
the code from that method and do my changes.
So I think that this feature could be implemented in the NVDA core,
with an option to enable or disable this behavior. Could be useful for
People like me, that usually don't wait a message to be spoken.
Some computers have this feature on the bios, but is not usual these days.

What do you think about it?

Regards,
DaVid.