Re: Windows 10 App Essentials 19.06 released, add-on development plan for the next few months #addonrelease

Well to be honest eventually you will have to upgrade reguardless but I know what you are saying.

Each service update has its own challenges.

Tonight for example, windows just decided to drop network access, and when trying to connect to the network again was told it couldn't reconnect.

I was able to however connect through another device and perform a check of the router but that was fine.

Eventually I was able to turn off and on the wireless extenders, and the router and turn it back on, I did a reinstall of the wireless drivers but to be honest, I am hoping it was a partial router flameout and not windows.

Everything seems ok now though.

For myself I don't mind the servicing framework but I wouldn't mind microsoft settling on a consumer os which well got updated yearly.

As a pro user its probably a bit different, but pro gave me a few more administration controls  for updates and the like.

On 23/05/2019 9:21 PM, Brian's Mail list account via Groups.Io wrote:
I think the point is that the older versions will still be made available though. I still use windows 7 for the reasons of having to use older software, but  I can see there are probably many in the same situation with windows 10, and I think from now on users will be able to get more security fixes for older versions from Microsoft to avoid 6 monthly upheavals like corporate users do. That time cannot come soon enough for a few friends who are going bald!

Brian

bglists@blueyonder.co.uk
----- Original Message ----- From: "Robert Hänggi" <aarjay.robert@gmail.com>