Re: Blind Extra Is Back

To be honest the 1 core voices for what they are are as good as espeak is, and probably almost as good as their sapi4 equivilants.

Ok so vocaliser and the new code factory voices are slightly better than that but not by much.

On 23/05/2019 6:22 AM, Robert Hänggi wrote:
I presume those executables are actually batch files.
Normally, they can be inspected by:
- emptying the temp folder (and leave it open)
- execute the add-on.
- look for the batch files that are created in the temp folder.

I've tested the speech master and the voices seem to function.
However, I've removed the add-on because it has no advantage for me.
I can't help but most of those voices are terribly mixed with either
too much (zisselling, high noise) or too little top end (muffled).
Have you ever noticed the quality differences in e.g. the Windows core voices?
Some sound as if they were taken from our annual NVDACon sessions
where some members call out of a hurricane. LOL
I wish we had an integrated equalizer in NVDA.
Robert

On 22/05/2019, Beqa Gozalishvili <beqaprogger@gmail.com> wrote:
i think we will be able to try it if author will put sources and
instructions how to build that.

we don't know what is included in these executables and because of
this, we can't trust this addons.

On 5/20/19, mattias <mjonsson1986@gmail.com> wrote:
yes if i understand the addon correctly

there should be e.g a acapela tts driver for nvda

included

but no.

and when try to install vocalizer

it create a python module issue:

ERROR - globalPluginHandler.listPlugins (19:04:12.431):
Error importing global plugin BX
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "globalPluginHandler.pyc", line 23, in listPlugins
  File "importlib\__init__.pyc", line 37, in import_module
  File
"C:\Users\Standard\AppData\Roaming\nvda\addons\SpeechMaster\globalPlugins\BX.py",

line 22, in <module>
ImportError: No module named dialogs

Den 2019-05-20 kl. 16:34, skrev Marcio via Groups.Io:
Well I took the time to read all the links and this looks like a moot
point.
I don't think the guy is innocent nor I think he's the one to be blamed.
Either way I'm not taking sides here. I'm only and only a beholder,
after all :)

Cheers,
Marcio <https://tinyurl.com/TlkTM>;
AKA /Starboy/

Sent from a galaxy far, far away.

Thunderbird things - questions, features, add-ons and much more!

--
with best regards beqa