locked Re: Volume Manager v0.1

True it could be, people clone things from games to software  to even hardware but there are ways to do it and ways not to.

If something is quoted that its based on something else and if both licences well are the same then its probably ok.

This is opensource, people colaberate on things all the time and are encouraged making different versions of things, as long as you don't blatently steam without permition or calling something your own when its not then its probably fine.

On 20/05/2019 3:43 PM, Andy B. wrote:

I would be offended if after putting months/years into an addon to find out someone copied it and added some extra features. See if the original addon could accept the differing features. So far, I agree with the reviewers and mods in this case. Besides, duplicating an addon could be misconstrued as a digital copyright violation.

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

From: Kim Etheridge
Sent: Sunday, May 19, 2019 11:30 PM
To: nvda-addons@nvda-addons.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda-addons] Volume Manager v0.1

I'm in agreement with you. I'm no add-on developer, but I can put myself

in someone Else's shoes and see things from that person's point of view.

If I were a developer and someone duplicated my product, I'd consider

suing them for either plagiarism or copyright infringement.

On 5/19/2019 9:27 PM, Carter Temm wrote:

> [...]

> somewhat difficult to believe, I will entirely drop it. But until

> then, I can't help seeing the classic straw man fallacy and refusal to

> get to the bottom of my claims. As much as I'd like to outright attack

> what OP is saying here, I'll stick to the crux of the issue.

>> no one can restrict people in open source community to do something.

> No one can technically restrict you, anywhere, from doing anything.

> It's the psychological consequences that act as our restrictions. If

> you wanted to, you could make a pull request replacing emacs with vim.

> As was done at https://github.com/emacs-mirror/emacs/pull/6

> However, it wasn't merged for obvious reasons. Nobody here has the

> ability to prevent you from throwing whatever you wanted up on github,

> add-on or twelve year-old Tic-Tac-Toe prototype. and that is not, and

> has never been, the intention. We here do have the ability to

> influence what is reviewed and therefore ends up hitting the community

> NVDA add-on site. We as a community have the ability to influence how

> we're collectively perceived.

> So yeah, you are partially right. You can do anything. You just might

> have to face the consequences here, that being the possibility of

> exclusion from the main add-on site while the original developer's

> product is accepted. There's also the possible tarnishing of a

> reputation, but that's perspective.

>> anyway i will repeat, libraries which are using are not written by

>> addon author and thus you can't accent on this.

> Can you elaborate? I have an idea of the point you might be attempting

> to communicate, but would rather hold off until I'm sure I'm not

> firing in the wrong direction.

> As you have undoubtedly noticed by now, I consider this a pretty big

> deal from an ethical standpoint thanks to having been the target more

> times than I want to recall. It's just plain insolence and leaves a

> bad aftertaste for the entire community.

> On 5/19/19, Beqa Gozalishvili <beqaprogger@...> wrote:

>> we didn't break anything.

>> we wanted to do something, we did.

>> we wanted to release an addon, we released.

>> no one can restrict people in open source community to do something.

>> if you were looking at instant translate, it was and is using google

>> translate to translate text.

>> it was released with gtranslate and was temporarily replaced with

>> yatranslate which was then replaced again with gtranslate.

>> anyway i will repeat, libraries which are using are not written by

>> addon author and thus you can't accent on this.

>> On 5/20/19, Brian's Mail list account via Groups.Io

>> <bglists@...> wrote:

>>> I'd like toolbar explorer in the core as with the announcements of copy

>>> paste etc, rather than use an add on. I think before we all get hot under

>>> the collar at slightly inept pR, presumably not intended to be  annoying

>>> anyone folk need to look at features and see exactly what might be better

>>> in

>>> core.

>>> bglists@...

>>> briang1@..., putting 'Brian Gaff'

>>> in the display name field.

>>> Newsgroup monitored: alt.comp.blind-users

>>> Hi,

>>> As rui wrote, there are really many similar addons.

>>> Just before reading this message I was checking the addons Page and

>>> copied

>>> the following addons from Tony Malykh to suggest to include it in just

>>> one.

>>> There are really lots of addons what doubles the keystrokes. And some of

>>> such functionalities shoud have been already included to NVDA core.

>>> The addons are:

>>> IndentNav

>>> BrowserNav

>>> By the way I would like to ask if anybody is working on addon for excel.

>>> Regards,

>>> NSousa

>>> escreveu:

> [...]

>>> https://www.linkedin.com/in/norberto-in%C3%A1cio-de-sousa-a129ab4b/