locked Re: Volume Manager v0.1

Well, I do think this is a valid topic.

Obviously there is a line, look at blind extra, I mean you can run executables inside addons you could make a joke of a lot of wave files.

I do think to be honest that we may have to review things which call other executables since that could become an issue, but any idea is welcome there isn't anything like a dumb idea unless it is.

As for restricting what is posted, if its stupid it won't make it generally.

If its a security risk its not going to make it, but generally who knows it may just.

On 20/05/2019 2:27 PM, Carter Temm wrote:
Before we begin, I'd like to ask for the opinion of other list members
on this topic. I find it rather difficult to believe that I stand
alone in my objections. If I do happen to stand alone, which I find
somewhat difficult to believe, I will entirely drop it. But until
then, I can't help seeing the classic straw man fallacy and refusal to
get to the bottom of my claims. As much as I'd like to outright attack
what OP is saying here, I'll stick to the crux of the issue.

no one can restrict people in open source community to do something.
No one can technically restrict you, anywhere, from doing anything.
It's the psychological consequences that act as our restrictions. If
you wanted to, you could make a pull request replacing emacs with vim.
As was done at https://github.com/emacs-mirror/emacs/pull/6
However, it wasn't merged for obvious reasons. Nobody here has the
ability to prevent you from throwing whatever you wanted up on github,
add-on or twelve year-old Tic-Tac-Toe prototype. and that is not, and
has never been, the intention. We here do have the ability to
influence what is reviewed and therefore ends up hitting the community
NVDA add-on site. We as a community have the ability to influence how
we're collectively perceived.

So yeah, you are partially right. You can do anything. You just might
have to face the consequences here, that being the possibility of
exclusion from the main add-on site while the original developer's
product is accepted. There's also the possible tarnishing of a
reputation, but that's perspective.

anyway i will repeat, libraries which are using are not written by
addon author and thus you can't accent on this.
Can you elaborate? I have an idea of the point you might be attempting
to communicate, but would rather hold off until I'm sure I'm not
firing in the wrong direction.

As you have undoubtedly noticed by now, I consider this a pretty big
deal from an ethical standpoint thanks to having been the target more
times than I want to recall. It's just plain insolence and leaves a
bad aftertaste for the entire community.

On 5/19/19, Beqa Gozalishvili <beqaprogger@gmail.com> wrote:
we didn't break anything.

we wanted to do something, we did.
we wanted to release an addon, we released.

no one can restrict people in open source community to do something.

if you were looking at instant translate, it was and is using google
translate to translate text.
it was released with gtranslate and was temporarily replaced with
yatranslate which was then replaced again with gtranslate.

anyway i will repeat, libraries which are using are not written by
addon author and thus you can't accent on this.

I'd like toolbar explorer in the core as with the announcements of copy
paste etc, rather than use an add on. I think before we all get hot under
the collar at slightly inept pR, presumably not intended to be annoying

anyone folk need to look at features and see exactly what might be better
in

core.
Brian

bglists@blueyonder.co.uk