Re: IBMTTS and eloquence driver comments.

Well have anyone asked auralux about using this natively as sapi in windows or in nvda itself?

Its all not for proffit and while I doubt they will do it for sapi, the nvda addon source is allready there.

Now, they may or may not allow us to hack something together legally but they may actually make it themselves.

THat would be a solution if anything else.

This looks to be a speech wrapper for some synths like speechhub is.

On 25/04/2019 8:21 AM, James Scholes wrote:
I agree with you, but all I can do is repeat: if you want to know if distributing certain code is legal or not, you will need to consult with a lawyer.  Nobody on this list is qualified or contracted to say that it is legal or otherwise, and anybody giving you advice here won't be able to help you if that advice turns out to be wrong.

On 24/04/2019 at 3:10 pm, DaVid wrote:
The add-on doesn't reffer to eloquence, does not include eloquence
libraries, but is based on a public document reference api, also on
some oralux examples.
If this add-on can be made for voxin, it should be legal, I think.
because is not eloquence. Oralux let developers to use voxin libraries
as long as the user buys a license and the developer can't include
voxin libraries. Its the user's responsibility to buy and use voxin
over wsl with NVDA or use any other illegal library as many currently
do.
So distribution of an IBMTTS add-on (without libraries) could be legal
as speech dispatcher or emacspeak (for example) are.
I'm looking for solutions. My country is considering to buy a global
country licence of a very expencive screen reader (that I don't want
to mention) and users comments can influence the decision.
Even if my main synthesizer were Espeak, I would try to find a good
and acceptable solution for everyone.

Regards,
David.

.