Re: Is there any real difference?

Pawel Urbanski

NVDA is more or less a service running in a background intercepting
API calls / events. Depending on the software you are currently using
it may be faster or slower.
It is worth noting, that the hardware you are using does influence the
experience you get. I personally use 2 computers: 1. quite old laptop
with 2 physical cores at 2,5 GHZ. 2. A rather new desktop with 4 cores
at 3,8 GHZ. The difference is definitely noticable.
I would doubt that NVDA's add-ons would slow it down in any significant way.

On 06/04/2019, marcio via Groups.Io <marcinhorj21=yahoo.com.br@groups.io> wrote:
Derek,
Thanks for the answer :)
In fact, I'm asking this because I heard that the more add-ons one
happens to have, the more one's NVDA will be slowed.
So I'd like to know whether it's true at all so that I can decide
whether I'll keep testing as much add-ons as I am doing at this moment.

Cheers,
Marcio
AKA /Starboy/

Follow or add me on Facebook <https://facebook.com/coolbutpsycho>

Em 06/04/2019 16:23, derek riemer disse:
Addons can do a lot of things. It is possible, in fact likely, that
some addons are slowing NVDA down. I don't know if anyone has measured
what the affect is On NVDA of addin more addons affectging startup
time, but again, it totally depends on the addon and what it does.
Some addons aren't even active until certain keys are pressed, in that
they would have no affect on NVDA until their script is activated. Of
course, there is some small amount of time difference by just having
an addon installed in that the addon is checked to see if any events
or scripts are active on its global plugin for whatever just happened.

On Sat, Apr 6, 2019 at 12:37 PM marcio via Groups.Io
<marcinhorj21=yahoo.com.br@groups.io <mailto:yahoo.com.br@groups.io>>
wrote:

So, in theory, add-ons don't cause NVDA to be slower, I got it right?
I mean, add-ons except the ones like NVDA Global Plugin Extension
or something like that, can't remember the exact name now.

Cheers,
Marcio AKA /Starboy/
Follow or add me on Facebook <https://facebook.com/coolbutpsycho>

Em 06/04/2019 13:44, Brian's Mail list account via Groups.Io disse:
???
I've not seen much of a change. I guess it depends what the
routines in the add on are doing. Just parsing certain data and
throwing it back if its not the desired data, I'd imagine is
pretty fast, but with ones that modify what nvda does a lot I
suppose it takes time but then of course if it replaces??
incorrect behaviour with correct behaviour, then even if it was
in the main core the time it took would be similar.
??Brian

bglists@... <mailto:bglists@...>
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal email to:-