Re: Version 19.04 of Add-on Updater, Windows 10 App Essentials, StationPlaylist Studio #addonrelease

Another thing, if an addon needs a later version of nvda and your system is detected to support it you should be asked if you want to update or nvda will update before the addons do.

In fact nvda should always get higher priority over addons for updating, checking for updates for nvda should check for updates to addons.

When this does happen, before updating you should get a page or box with links, with the addon version, the name, and a link to changelogs for that release and same with nvda.

I know thats a major expantion but I really loath software that updates and doesn't tell you why.

On 6/04/2019 6:31 AM, Joseph Lee wrote:

Hi,

Background updating: something I’m thinking about at the moment, most likely it’ll be done after this add-on is merged into NVDA in the future.