Re: Request for comments: an outline of a complete course on NVDA internals and code contributions

Hi,
Mostly because the content isn't quite solid yet. I do want to bring up code review at some point when people start on projects, but the priority at the moment is to find out how much people know and who is actually willing to invest time to learn the craft (because I do know that at least one person thinks coding is a fairy tale when it is not). I do agree that code review is an essential part of a good project, so I'll find a way to incorporate this into the course (perhaps earlier than unit 6).

From: nvda-addons@nvda-addons.groups.io [mailto:nvda-addons@nvda-addons.groups.io] On Behalf Of James Scholes
Sent: Monday, August 21, 2017 3:45 AM
To: nvda-addons@nvda-addons.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda-addons] Request for comments: an outline of a complete course on NVDA internals and code contributions

Joseph Lee wrote:
Add-ons review is something that cannot be incorporated easily into
the course unless there’s huge demand for it.
Add-on reviews are extremely helpful to the community, not to mention being a great source of learning for people who are new to programming or to add-on creation, the very same audience that your course is aimed at. This topic would fit perfectly into unit 6 and shouldn't be excluded.

Code review is an important software development skill, especially when working within a team or on a community-driven project. So at the very least you should probably explain in a bit more detail why you're not kean on teaching it.
http://twitter.com/JamesScholes