Fw: [nvda-addons] NVDA Remote: No speech from remote machine

Timothy

Sending this on to the Groups.io list as well, since I've forgotten that the Freelists list is now being deprecated.

Timothy

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Friday, June 16, 2017 3:23 PM
Subject: Re: [nvda-addons] NVDA Remote: No speech from remote machine

I wonder if you do the reverse, i.e., they're controlling your machine with the same server/client situation, would they only get your output, but their input has no effect? In other words, I wonder if they can only receive, or you can only send? What happens when you use a relay server instead of a direct connection?

Timothy

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Sunday, May 28, 2017 5:14 AM
Subject: [nvda-addons] NVDA Remote: No speech from remote machine

Hi,
I am trying to remote into a machine. I’m the server, they’re the client. I am controlling their machine. I have made sure my chosen port is open.
The client connected to me successfully and successfully receives any input I send. The problem is I’m not receiving their output (speech etc), regardless as to whether the mute speech option is checked or not.
Any ideas as to what can cause this?
I do think there needs to be some kind of troubleshooting section in the docs, as I have experienced many different issues over time and haven’t been able to pinpoint the problems without guessing.
Cheers.
Damien.

Join nvda-addons@nvda-addons.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.