From: "Robert Hänggi" <aarjay.robert@gmail.com>
To: <nvda-addons@nvda-addons.groups.io>
Sent: Saturday, March 17, 2018 12:53 PM
Subject: Re: [nvda-addons] numLockManager #AddonRequestReview

Hi Alberto

I think you understand it alright.

Yes, it would only available for Laptops with the new NumPad layout.
What's more, it will be a (unassigned) shortcut that switches between
the two modes.
I don't think that it should be a start up option but I don't have
such a laptop and don't no the preferences of our Italian neighbours.

I have the menu point under Preferences/Shared Computer and the wx
version is 4.01 according to the python console output (wx.Version)

Best
Robert

On 17/03/2018, Alberto Buffolino <a.buffolino@gmail.com> wrote:
Adriani Botez, il 17/03/2018 16.36, ha scritto:
this function would be in conflict with the object navigation as it is
shown
in the command reference. I am not sure what this function would improve.
Could you please elaborate on this more exactly?
Alberto:
Hi Adriani,
first, a premise: I don't followed entire thread.
If I understand correctly, Robert would like to use numpad according to
Windows behavior, that is, to navigate simulating arrows, page up/down
and home/end, particularly useful with laptop keyboard with numpad keys
but without the other navigation keys (I don't have a such laptop, but I
read it by various users).
So, my suggestion to remove/add gestures is based on assumption that the
user (or add-on) set NVDA laptop layout, not desktop.
If I non't understand correctly... sorry, ignore me :)
Alberto